Published on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
American upgrades Heathrow lounges
American Airlines has doubled the size of its Flagship Lounge at Heathrow as part of a refurbishment scheme.
The Flagship Lounge now sates 134 passengers while a remodelled Admirals Club lounge offers seating for 237.
Both are located airside in Terminal 3 and cover more than 19,000 square feet.
The two new facilities include amenities incuding:
· Improved multi-functional business centre incorporating new PCs with complimentary high-speed internet access, PC data ports, telephones, printers, copiers and fax service
· A global printing solution that allows users to submit print jobs via e-mail or webpage uploads from any location and retrieve them in the lounge
· Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi access
· Cyber café offering PCs with high-speed internet access
· Portable laptop tables and a “sit-down” laptop counter in the bar/TV area featuring Ethernet ports with complimentary high-speed internet access
· Both UK and US power outlets
· Flat panel TVs
· Spa-like shower facilities with private showers, complete with towels, shampoo, body gels and blow-dryers, as well as shower caps and razors upon request
· Children’s room with a TV, computers and age-appropriate software, in the Admirals Club lounge
· An enhanced food and beverage offering provided by London’s “rhubarb” restaurants
Annual Admirals Club memberships for new members range from $350 to $500, or AAdvantage miles can be used to purchase Admirals Club memberships. One-day passes cost $5O.
Admirals Club president Nancy Knipp said: “The newly-renovated Heathrow lounges will further enhance the customer experience for our valued members, whether they are travelling between the US and Europe or connecting beyond Heathrow.
“We believe that this refurbishment – the largest airport lounge renovation American has ever done – shows American’s dedication to consistently reinvesting in our products and services in an effort to better meet the needs of all of our members and guests.”
by Phil Davies