Be part of our nature says Holland
2 million will flock to the 6th annual Floriade big green flower machine in 2012
On 5th April 2012, the Floriade World Horticultural Expo will officially open its doors to the public.
Staged only once every ten years at a changing location in Holland, expect to see some of the most exquisite and exceptional flowers, plants, trees, fruit and vegetables of the world on show.
The theme of Floriade 2012 will be "Be part of the theatre in nature, get closer to the quality of life".
The Floriade World Horticultural Expo has been held in Holland every ten years since 1960 and always at a different location.
From 5 April until 7 October 2012, the sixth edition of Floriade will be organised in Venlo in central-eastern Holland.
The central theme of Floriade 2012, "Be part of the theatre in nature, get closer to the quality of life", has been translated into five core sub-themes, which will be portrayed via five themed zones on the park. The five core sub-themes at Floriade will cover the different aspects of the relationship between the consumer and the horticultural sector.
- "Green Engine" portrays horticulture as the green engine of the economy.
- "Education & Innovation" relate the story of horticulture over the years while exploring the future of the sector at the same time.
- For "Environment" the key element is the importance of greenery at home, on the streets and in the working environment.
- "Relax & Heal" focuses on health, movement (physical wellbeing), food and enjoying the true flavour of products.
- The World Show Stage will host events which show how international art, culture and entertainment inspire the horticultural sector and vice versa.
Each day will feature a cultural programme of music, dance, literature, theatre and visual art from all over the world.
Floriade is a World Horticultural Expo that links innovation and sustainability.
Floriade is intended to send out a signal about sustainability in society and will create an ideal image in the park of what can be achieved by thinking and acting with sustainability in mind.
Once Floriade 2012 has come to an end, a legacy will be left behind on the site in the form of Venlo GreenPark: an innovative and sustainable business park in lush green surroundings. www.floriade.nl
Valere Tjolle is editor of the Sustainable Tourism Report Suite
Masterclass special offer HERE
Get FREE contents guide to Sustainable Destination Report CLICK HERE
Tuesday, April 12, 2011