Published on Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Travellers are looking for more adventure and interaction when booking their holidays according to a report on travel trends.
Eight emerging markets have been highlighted by the 2011 World Travel Market Global Trends Report by market researchers Euromonitor.
“Travellers are seeking out fun, adventurous trips as seen by the popularity of mystery tours in the Americas, a new rent-a-garden concept in the UK and increased ‘gamification’ of travel,” said Caroline Bremner, head of travel and tourism research at Euromonitor.
“With economic headwinds picking up, we aim to pinpoint pockets of opportunity for the global travel and tourism industry.”
The report focuses on six regions:
• Americas - mystery trips where a customer bids for an unknown destination and hotel or they are given a phone and their itinerary is revealed day by day
• UK - homeowners rent out their garden through campinmygarden.com to visitors wanting to experience the local community
• Europe - luxury holidays where tourists put something back by helping local areas, craftsmen, musicians
• Middle East - rebranding of Tunisia, Egypt, Syria and Libya
• Africa - preparing for mobile phone commerce with 7 million smartphone owners in Africa
• Asia - operators tapping into the Chinese market by working with Chinese companies and creating programmes for Chinese visitor
• Global Village - social media to build loyalty and use friends and family influence and videos to increase brand awareness
• Technology and Online Travel – using gamification, competitions, prizes and shared experiences to increase brand awareness
By Diane Evans
Move scroll bar (above) left to right for more videos!
Let Centara Hotels & Resorts show you around the island and share some of the amazing activities that you can find. With three distinct properties on the island, Centara has you covered.