The Euro 2012 tournament is well underway and England has even managed to surprise us all with a draw against France, so before you all go off to cheer on the "Mighty England" against Sweden this evening, take a moment to catch up on the goings on in the world of social media this week with the Siren Communications Social Media Round Up.
Have a great weekend,
- Continuing with the football theme, this visual analysis of the Tweets during the England game against France shows that although the game finished a stalemate England came out on top in terms of mentions on Twitter. It"s no surprise that the two most referenced players were the two goal scorers and it"s even less surprising that the match officials received the most negative mentions
- Research by Hilton hotels has revealed that us Brits are increasingly eager to show off about our holidays, with more than 40% admitting that they document their holidays in real-time by uploading oodles of snaps onto Facebook during their breaks. So you"re not the only one wishing your friends would just carry on having "the time of their lives" and stop boasting to us stuck at home in the rain
- Tourism Ireland launched its "Tyler & Amy's Ireland Mystery Tour" social media campaign this week. We can all decide the travelling fate of "Tyler and Amy" via the dedicated website, Facebook and Twitter as they holiday around the Emerald Isle
- Transport for London has finally launched WiFi on the underground network with a selection of stations offering the service. Currently available at just a small handful of stations, WiFi will be free to use throughout around 80 stations this summer. So we"ll all be able to Tweet, email and research alternative travel options when disruptions occur due to yet another signal failure whilst underground
- And finally, a new app that warns us of the sentiment of our phone messages before we read them is being developed by University of Portsmouth"s School of Computing. Using a "sentiment analysis", messages will appear in the inbox colour coded for positive, negative and neutral content allowing us to leave the negative messages for when we"re in a better frame of mind to receive them... or to simply delete them
Friday, June 15, 2012
Stylish accommodation. Creative cuisine. Discover the true meaning of style and relaxation in the natural beauty of Mauritius.
For more information Click Here!