Go Daddy, which hosts 53 million names including many travel websites, said a black-out earlier this week was not caused by a hacker.
The company, which is one of the world's biggest domain registrars and web hosts, suffered intermittent outages for about six hours on Monday.
There were suggestions they were caused by an external attack, but the company blamed a "series of internal network events" instead.
Chief executive Scott Wagner issued a press statement insisting that no customer data was at risk and none of Go Daddy's systems were compromised. He said measures had been implemented to ensure there was no re-occurance of the problem.
There were rumours that the organised hacking collective Anonymous was to blame for the outage, but the group denied the claims.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012