A large explosion in a building in Prague's historic Old Town has injured at least 35 people, two of them seriously.
It is believed yesterday's blast was caused by a gas leak, because there were reports of a strong smell of gas before and after the blast.
According to the BBC, Prague's mayor told Czech radio that three people may still be trapped in the rubble.
The explosion was on a site near the Vltava river the country's National Theatre.
The area was sealed off and surrounding buildings evacuated.
Reports said tourists were left stranded on street corners with their luggage unable to get to their hotels.
The Prague offices of IATA were near to the building but a spokesman for the airline association said both members of staff were unharmed.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
In 2010 Green Globe Certification established a partnership with the Club Med group, to guide and improve their sustainability performance.
Club Med is the only all-inclusive resort chain to have 40 properties Green Globe certified in 20 countries.
For more information about Club Med's sustainability activities, click on the Sustainable Development tab at www.clubmed-corporate.com