Published on Monday, December 19, 2016
For that last minute Christmas shopping there is only one place to go, Mall of America, The largest shopping and entertainment mall in the USA, and here are 12 reasons to prove it:
1. Mall of America has over 520 stores, dozens of activities and attractions and more than 400 free events every year, including live musical performances, celebrity appearances and holiday activities.
2. Minnesota is one of only four states with no tax on clothing or shoes!
3. It only costs $1.75 ($2.25 rush hour) to get to the Mall on the light rail train from the airport (13 minutes) or downtown Minneapolis (35-39 minutes).
4. Plan what you are going to hunt for before you get to the Mall, with their 2016 Gift Guide: http://giftguide.mallofamerica.com/?category=her
5. Hungry? Mall of America has over 50 restaurants, ranging from shopping-friendly grab-and-go food to outstanding sit-down meals, like the farm-to-table offerings at Firelake Grill and Cocktail Bar, sushi at Crave and Masu, Italian at Tucci Benucch or enjoy Walleye, the local Minnesota fish entree at Twin Cities Grill.
6. If you have a three hour airport layover or longer, you can easily visit the Mall on the train, shop or eat, and be back at the airport with plenty of time for your flight.
7. Until 2nd January FlyOver America will transform into a magical winter wonderland this Christmas season. Guests will have fun helping Santa search for his missing elves during an exhilarating flight across America and onto the North Pole.
8. Ho, Ho, Ho - Santa Claus has arrived at Mall of America®! Mall of America has the perfect place to pose for photos with Santa and to share your Christmas wish list. So pack up the little ones and head on out to Mall of America to share all the joy of the festive period.
9. Bought more than you can carry? If you're staying at the attached Radisson Blu Mall of America or JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America hotels, their concierge will meet you anywhere in the Mall, pick up your shopping bags and drop them off in your room. Plus, if you are driving a car, both hotels have valet parking
10. MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition, features flying airplanes, duct tape canoes and rain that glows. It took over five years of research, guessing and testing to translate Discovery Channel's Emmy®-nominated television series, MythBusters, into a hands-on indoor exhibition.
11. There are 7 kilometers of store fronts - so there are lots of opportunities for window shopping!
12. Mall of America the largest shopping and entertainment mall in the United States , at 5.6 million square feet, so you are sure to get all of your gifts under one roof.
Book your trip to Mall of America with My America Holiday: http://www.myamericaholiday.co.uk/minnesota-holidays
Move scroll bar (above) left to right for more videos!