Published on Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Foreign Office issues fresh Tunisia warning



The Foreign Office is warning of violent demonstrations in Tunisia just days after TUI put the destination back on sale.

In an update to its travel advice for the country, the FCO said there had been protests in several towns and cities across Tunisia, with some reports of violence.

"Further demonstrations are planned for the coming days, including in Tunis on 12 and 13 January 2018; you should avoid protests and follow the instructions of the local authorities," it added.

TUI announced last week that it was adding a small programme to Tunisia for this summer, three years after 30 of its customers were killed in a terrorist attack in the resort of Sousse.

Following the attack, the FCO warned against all but essential travel to Tunisia, but this restriction was lifted last July, prompting several of TUI's rivals, including Thomas Cook, to relaunch programmes to the destination. TUI said last Thursday that it will offer holidays to the resort of Hammamet from May 1.

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story
Code Request a new picture 5 characters



NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
Its half way through the year. Has 2018 been better than expected for your Travel business?
YES 53.48 %
NO 46.52 %

Thank you for your vote




Move scroll bar (above) left to right for more videos!

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m