Soneva

Published on Monday, March 12, 2018

Tourists injured in fire in Thai resort



At least two tourists were taken to hospital after a fire broke out in the Thai resort of Pattaya on Saturday night.

The blaze occurred in the Walking Street red light district, an area filled with tourist bars.

An explosion, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, occurred at about 10pm and started a fire which quickly spread down the street.




Two tourists were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns.

The fire was apparently brought under control within half an hour.

It follows a similar blaze in a tourist hotspot on Thailand's Phi Phi island in February, which left some tourists without accommodation.

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story
Code Request a new picture 5 characters



NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
Its half way through the year. Has 2018 been better than expected for your Travel business?
YES 55.47 %
NO 44.53 %

Thank you for your vote




Move scroll bar (above) left to right for more videos!

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m