CodeGen
http://admin.travelmole.com/images/stories/2009/images/grandprincess.png

Published on Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Grand Princess passengers file million-dollar lawsuit






A couple trapped on the Grand Princess following an outbreak of the coronavirus is seeking $1 million damages from Princess Cruises.


The pair, from Florida, claim the company was negligent in its screening process when passengers boarded the ship, which ended up stranded off the coast of California after 21 people onboard were found to be suffering from coronavirus.


Ronald and Eva Weissberger claim at least 62 passengers onboard the current cruise were also on the previous sailing where two people had the virus.


"Incredibly, not one of those 62 passengers or crew members who were mixing and mingling with the infected prior passengers were ever examined until being tested for the virus wo weeks after the ship sailed," it says in their lawsuit.


"It would only stand to reason, that having experienced such a traumatic outbreak on board one of its vessels less than a month prior to the current voyage on board the Grand Princess, that the defendant would have learned to take all necessary precautions."


The Grand Princess is a sister ship to the Diamond Princess which was quarantined last month off the Japan coast after more than 700 passengers contracted the virus.


"Our response throughout this process has focused on the well-being of our guests and crew within the parameters mandated on us by the government agencies involved and the evolving medical understanding of this new illness," said Princess in a statement.

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story


NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
Are you worried about redundancy ?
YES 52.11 %
NO 47.89 %

Thank you for your vote



What is GoodtoGo?

Submit your news
or special offer


Current UK Special Edition



Current US Special Edition



Current Asia/Pacific Special Edition



LATEST 'MOLE VIDEOS

Recovery Update: Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, & China , with Mekong Tourism (Aug 5 )

James Thornton CEO of Intrepid Travel talks exclusively to TravelMole

Pure Michigan is prepared, protected and open for business - Next step International arrivals

Travel Industry Virtual Wellness Day Video

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m