Visit Florida

Published on Friday, June 3, 2011

Travel agents die of poisoning on fam trip



Three travel agents have died after drinking what is believed to be poisoned alcohol while on a fam trip to Turkey.



Others in the 60-strong group were taken to hospital after consuming whiskey thought to be mixed with methanol. One woman in still in a coma.



The party, mostly Russian travel agency managers, paid $50 to board a night time cruise off the resort of Bodrum and drank cocktails, whiskey and cola.



The group told Russian media outlets that they thought the drinks tasted odd but put it down to the barmen mixing too much whiskey.



Turkish police are now investigating and samples have been taken from the yacht for anlysis.


 


by Dinah Hatch

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story


NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
UK Lockdown 3.0 ? Fully justified ?
YES 56.48 %
NO 43.52 %

Thank you for your vote



What is GoodtoGo?

Submit your news
or special offer


Current UK Special Edition



Current US Special Edition



Current Asia/Pacific Special Edition



LATEST 'MOLE VIDEOS

Destination Marketing Campaigns explained by Brightons 'Never Normal' Team

Sri Lanka 2021 - its the place to be

Patricia Rossello CEO of Roibos Technology talks through thier Hotel Distribution Marketplace

Chris Lee of Thailand Tourism talks about the plans for 2021

Air Transat launch direct booking portal for the UK trade

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m