Skyteam
http://admin.travelmole.com/images/stories/2009/images/Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 08_32_45.png

Published on Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Hotel guests in critical condition after carbon monoxide leak






At least 15 hotel guests are in a critical condition following a carbon monoxide leak in Canada.

A total of 46 people were hospitalised after an automatic alarm alerted hotel staff to a leak in the boiler room.

Firefighters in Winnipeg told Global News it was 'one of the worst incidents' of carbon monoxide poisoning their department had ever seen.

Initially, firefighters thought only about a dozen people would need hospital treatment, but later found more people inside the hotel.

Those in a critical condition were reported to have high carbon monoxide readings in their blood and they were rushed to hospital with symptoms including nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath and a decrease in level consciousness.

No fatalities are expected as a result of the leak at the Super 8 by Wyndham hotel, and most of those admitted to hospital were expected to be released within a few hours.

The hotel's owner, Justin Schinkel, said the building had recently passed a fire inspection and had no history of carbon monoxide leaks.

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story


NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
Did the government make the right decision with FlyBe ?
Yes 52.45 %
No 47.55 %

Thank you for your vote


LATEST MOLES' PODCAST

The Mole talks to Mal Barrit the MD of @traveltek about expansion, tech and strategy

Going back to Sharm ? What to expect as the Mole talks to the Egyptian Tourism Authority

Dnata Travel talks to the Mole - Delaney and Bevan

Was the Thomas Cook brand tarnished before the demise?



Move scroll bar (above) left to right for more videos!

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m