Phildelphia
http://admin.travelmole.com/images/stories/2009/images/Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 08_32_45.png

Published on Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Hotel guests in critical condition after carbon monoxide leak






At least 15 hotel guests are in a critical condition following a carbon monoxide leak in Canada.

A total of 46 people were hospitalised after an automatic alarm alerted hotel staff to a leak in the boiler room.

Firefighters in Winnipeg told Global News it was 'one of the worst incidents' of carbon monoxide poisoning their department had ever seen.

Initially, firefighters thought only about a dozen people would need hospital treatment, but later found more people inside the hotel.

Those in a critical condition were reported to have high carbon monoxide readings in their blood and they were rushed to hospital with symptoms including nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath and a decrease in level consciousness.

No fatalities are expected as a result of the leak at the Super 8 by Wyndham hotel, and most of those admitted to hospital were expected to be released within a few hours.

The hotel's owner, Justin Schinkel, said the building had recently passed a fire inspection and had no history of carbon monoxide leaks.

Story Image



Your Comments

, be the first to post a comment.
Your email:






Email other comments made to this story


NOTE: Comments are subject to admin approval before being posted.
Mole Poll
Has the announcement of a UK quarantine further hit bookings?
YES 56.97 %
NO 43.03 %

Thank you for your vote



What is GoodtoGo?

Submit your news
or special offer


Current UK Special Edition



Current US Special Edition



Current Asia/Pacific Special Edition



LATEST 'MOLE VIDEOS

Malta prepares to open up to the world

Iceland plans to launch new UK trade initiative

Mario Hardy, CEO PATA - Who dares, wins: Who will hit the reset button?

The Florida Keys is open for business ! Find out the details here

UPCOMING EVENTS
\m