Holland America Line Will Sail a Full Season of Cruises out of Dover in Summer 2025
Europe 2025 Highlights: 10 total departure cities, 62 overnight or late-night departures, and 10 summer itineraries departing from Dover on Nieuw Statendam
Holland America Line’s 2025 European season is open for booking, and British travellers will be able to conveniently embark on a full season of roundtrip from Dover itineraries for the first time in over ten years. The cruise line is basing Pinnacle Class ship Nieuw Statendam out of Dover for 10 departures, demonstrating Holland America Line’s commitment to the UK market.
From Dover, Nieuw Statendam will sail itineraries ranging from 14 to 42 days to the Canary Islands, British Isles, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Iberia and the eastern Mediterranean. In addition to Dover, Holland America Line departs from nine homeports throughout Europe, with an increase in cruises over 10 days, more sailings to Iceland and a combined 62 overnight calls or late-night departures in leading cities.
“We’re really excited about Nieuw Statendam homeporting in Dover for a whole season in 2025 and the additional opportunities this provides to the trade, as well as our guests. The itineraries look incredible and varied, offering something for everyone – beyond Dover, our 10 homeports span Europe, and in 2025 we’re offering the most diverse range of itineraries that include everything from weeklong holidays to the Med to month-long explorations up to the Arctic,” said Karen Farndell, Director of UK Sales and Marketing. “We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our travel agent partners for their continued support and commitment throughout our milestone 150th year and we look forward to our relationship with the trade going from strength to strength.”
Sonia Limbrick, Head of Cruise at the Port of Dover, said: “We are thrilled to be a homeport for the Holland America Line for the 2025 season. The Port of Dover is already looking forward to welcoming the Nieuw Statendam and her passengers to our world-class cruise Port as they take in such a wide range of exciting itineraries. With our stunning waterfront, including a new marina and iconic views of Dover’s dramatic White Cliffs and Castle, it provides the perfect send-off and welcome home.”
Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe cruising season include:
New in 2025, Holland America Line is adding 10 roundtrip Dover itineraries aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days, offering a convenient embarkation homeport for British guests. Example sailings include:
- 14-Days Canary Island Enchantment on board Nieuw Statendam (19th April – 3rd May 2025) starting from £2,809pp. Beginning and ending in Dover, England and including beautiful ports such as Casablanca and Agadir in Morocco, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Madeira and Leixoes in Portugal. The price is inclusive of the Have It All Early Booking Bonus. Please see the itinerary here: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E5C14A/J535D.html
- 14-Day Wild British Isles on board Nieuw Statendam (3rd May – 17th May 2025) starting from £2,609pp. Beginning and ending in Dover, this sailing stops at Rotterdam, Edinburgh, Inverness, Shetland Islands, Isle of Lewis, Belfast, Glasgow, Isle of Man, Dublin and Cork. The price is inclusive of the Have It All Early Booking Bonus. Please see the itinerary here: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E5N14O/J538B.html
- Rotterdam returns to Northern Europe in 2025 cruising out of its namesake city with roundtrip sailings from Rotterdam:
- Seven-day Norway and Denmark; Norwegian Fjords
- Seven- or 14-day Norway and Scotland
- Seven-day between Rotterdam and Reykjavik to Norway and Iceland
- 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden
- 14-day Norway Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland and Sweden
- Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. The itineraries range from seven to 14 days and sail roundtrip from Rotterdam.
- NEW Legendary Voyage: A 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” departs June 29, roundtrip from Rotterdam. The cruise features 15 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Scotland and England; passage through the Arctic Circle to the North Cape; scenic cruising through Iceland’s fjords; and four maiden calls in Greenland: Ittoqqortoormiit, Sisimiut, Ilulissat and Nuuk.
- Oosterdam will sail the entire 2025 Europe season in the Mediterranean on cruises from four homeports: Piraeus (Athens), Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice). The itineraries range from seven- to 14-days and cover the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Albania, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Nieuw Statendam sails 14-day cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia (Rome) and Piraeus (Athens), and roundtrip from Piraeus. The itineraries head to the eastern Med, including Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro and Greece.
- Nieuw Statendam explores the Holy Land in October on a 14-day cruise roundtrip from Piraeus (Athens) that visits Cyprus, Israel, Turkey and Greece, with overnights at Haifa and Rhodes.
- Nieuw Statendam visits the Canary Islands on a 14-day Canary Island Enchantment with Morocco & Portugal cruise departing April 20, 2025, roundtrip from Rotterdam, also including ports in Morocco, Madeira, Portugal and England.
- The popular “Voyage of the Vikings” returns in 2025 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 19, the 35-day adventure sails roundtrip from Boston and calls at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Norway. The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
- In April, Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam cross the Atlantic Ocean from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam; Oosterdam crosses from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.
- In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Oosterdam sail to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam and Barcelona, respectively.
Collectors’ Voyages Combine Non-Repeating Itineraries
Many of the cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, which offer the ultimate European exploration. By combining two seven-day itineraries, a seven- and 14-day cruises or longer non-repeating voyages, these artfully crafted journeys up to 42 days combine back-to-back sailings, enabling guests to visit more ports and spend extra time discovering centuries of art, history and culture.
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when guests book 2025 Europe cruises with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added benefit of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Beginning Have It All fares for Europe 2025 sailings start from £1,349 per person, double occupancy, depending on length and destination. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional.
Guests also can take advantage of Holland America Line’s Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per stateroom when these cruises open for sale. Guests must book these cruises by November 15, 2023, to receive the Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus.