At Holland America Line, we believe travel has the power to change the world. We consider it our higher purpose to help make the world a better place through opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity.
For 147 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising. If you are looking for some of the most spacious and comfortable ships at sea, award-winning service, exquisite dining, extensive activities and enrichment programs and compelling worldwide itineraries, you’ve come to the right place.
Our fleet of 11 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents. Cruises include both popular and less-traveled ports in the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, Mexico, South America, the Panama Canal, Australia, New Zealand and Asia — as well as unique voyages to the Amazon, Antarctica and our extended Grand Voyages.
Holland America Line is proud of its environmental program. The company earned its initial ISO 14001 certification in June 2006. As the internationally recognized standard for environmental management, ISO 14001 encompasses virtually every aspect of our ships’ operations. Holland America Line has been recertified to meet that standard again and again — demonstrating our belief that the safeguarding of our guests, crews, ships and the environment in which we live and operate is not only the right thing to do, it is essential to the successful conduct of our business.
As part of our collective social responsibility, the company, employees, and guests have joined together to give back to communities and organizations around the world. Whether it’s donating shipboard items to an orphanage, cleaning up a neighborhood park, walking 5K onboard to raise funds for cancer research, or donating money to disaster relief, Holland America Line and our employees share time and resources to make a difference.
Every Holland America Line employee is committed to providing a truly extraordinary experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
19 Sep 23NEWS
Holland America Line brings back £1 depositThis week, Holland America Line is offering another £1 deposit event until 21 September 2023. Guests have the ...Read moreHolland America Line brings back £1 deposit - News & announcementsThis week, Holland America Line is offering another £1 deposit event until 21 September 2023. Guests have the choice of hundreds of sailings worldwide from the remaining winter 2023 sailings through to summer 2025, bookable with just a £1 deposit per person. Almost all sailings are eligible for this offer, excluding Grand Voyages £1 deposit cruise options include exotic itineraries in Asia and the Pacific, Alaska, the Mediterranean or new sailings from Dover in 2025. The £1 deposit can be combined with other promotions such as the Have It All package, including specialty dining, shore excursion credits, a signature beverage package and Wi-Fi. Example sailings include the seven-day Alaska Inside Passage in 2024 and the seven-day Holy Land & Egyptian Treasures cruise in 2024.
10 Sep 23NEWS
HAL celebrates historic UK callHolland America Line recently celebrated Nieuw Statendam's inaugural visit to the port of Dover. It ...Read moreHAL celebrates historic UK call - News & announcementsHolland America Line recently celebrated Nieuw Statendam's inaugural visit to the port of Dover. It marked the start of a milestone as for the first time in a decade British travellers will be able to embark on a full season of roundtrip itineraries from Dover. A shipboard ceremony with port officials, travel partners, and local officials took place. The 2025 UK Nieuw Statendam's voyages will range from 14 to 42 days sailings to the Canary Islands, round the British Isles, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Iberia and the eastern Mediterranean. Currently Holland America Line departs from nine homeports throughout Europe with a combined 62 overnight calls or late-night departures in leading cities. "Adding Dover as a homeport is ideal for our British guests who can conveniently embark in England and explore several regions around Europe," said Karen Farndell, Director of UK Sales and Marketing. In 2025 we're offering the most diverse range of itineraries." Christian Pryce, CCO at the Port of Dover said: "It's been special celebrating Nieuw Statendam's inaugural call as we become her UK homeport with ten calls in one season for 2025.” “It's fantastic to see our partnership with Holland America Line reach a new level.:
25 Aug 23NEWS
HAL ship to homeport in UKHolland America Line released its 2025 Europe cruise schedule with a focus on longer sailings ...Read moreHAL ship to homeport in UK - News & announcementsHolland America Line released its 2025 Europe cruise schedule with a focus on longer sailings and more overnight calls. It will also see a first UK homeporting for years. New in 2025, Rotterdam returns as a homeport for HAL, hosting both its namesake ship Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam. The ships will offer roundtrip voyages to Northern Europe and the Baltic. The cruise line also has more itineraries to the Holy Land region, Spain and Portugal, and Iceland. A highlight is the new 28-day "Arctic Circle Crossing" Legendary Voyage showcasing Greenland's glaciers during five calls in the country and visits to Iceland, North Cape and Scotland. "Europe 2025 is all about longer cruises, extended time in port and offering the most diverse range of itineraries," said Beth Bodensteiner, HAL’s CCO. "We have 10 departure cities this season, and we are excited to be back homeporting in Rotterdam with two ships." From April to November, Oosterdam joins Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam for a full season in Europe. Zuiderdam will sail the popular 35-day "Voyage of the Vikings." Itineraries range from seven to 42 days spanning the entire region. Cruises visit the Baltic, British Isles, Canary Islands, French and Spanish rivieras, Israel, Mediterranean and Northern Europe. The programme offers the choice of 10 departure cities for Europe cruises including Rotterdam and Amsterdam, Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) Trieste (Venice); Dover Piraeus; and Reykjavik. There are also transatlantic sailings kicking off from Boston and Fort Lauderdale. New for 2025, HAL is basing a ship at Dover for 10 roundtrips aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days. It includes a Canary Islands itinerary plus cruises to Northern Europe. HAL’s Europe programme has 11 overnight ports such as Alexandria, Egypt; Barcelona; Haifa; Istanbul, Newhaven (Edinburgh), Piraeus and Rhodes.
24 Aug 23Partner News
Holland America Line Will Sail a Full Season of Cruises out of Dover in Summer 2025Europe 2025 Highlights: 10 total departure cities, 62 overnight or late-night departures, and 10 ...Read moreHolland America Line Will Sail a Full Season of Cruises out of Dover in Summer 2025 - News & announcements
Europe 2025 Highlights: 10 total departure cities, 62 overnight or late-night departures, and 10 summer itineraries departing from Dover on Nieuw StatendamHolland America Line’s 2025 European season is open for booking, and British travellers will be able to conveniently embark on a full season of roundtrip from Dover itineraries for the first time in over ten years. The cruise line is basing Pinnacle Class ship Nieuw Statendam out of Dover for 10 departures, demonstrating Holland America Line’s commitment to the UK market. From Dover, Nieuw Statendam will sail itineraries ranging from 14 to 42 days to the Canary Islands, British Isles, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Iberia and the eastern Mediterranean. In addition to Dover, Holland America Line departs from nine homeports throughout Europe, with an increase in cruises over 10 days, more sailings to Iceland and a combined 62 overnight calls or late-night departures in leading cities. “We’re really excited about Nieuw Statendam homeporting in Dover for a whole season in 2025 and the additional opportunities this provides to the trade, as well as our guests. The itineraries look incredible and varied, offering something for everyone - beyond Dover, our 10 homeports span Europe, and in 2025 we’re offering the most diverse range of itineraries that include everything from weeklong holidays to the Med to month-long explorations up to the Arctic,” said Karen Farndell, Director of UK Sales and Marketing. “We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our travel agent partners for their continued support and commitment throughout our milestone 150th year and we look forward to our relationship with the trade going from strength to strength.” Sonia Limbrick, Head of Cruise at the Port of Dover, said: “We are thrilled to be a homeport for the Holland America Line for the 2025 season. The Port of Dover is already looking forward to welcoming the Nieuw Statendam and her passengers to our world-class cruise Port as they take in such a wide range of exciting itineraries. With our stunning waterfront, including a new marina and iconic views of Dover’s dramatic White Cliffs and Castle, it provides the perfect send-off and welcome home.” Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe cruising season include: New in 2025, Holland America Line is adding 10 roundtrip Dover itineraries aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days, offering a convenient embarkation homeport for British guests. Example sailings include:
- 14-Days Canary Island Enchantment on board Nieuw Statendam (19th April – 3rd May 2025) starting from £2,809pp. Beginning and ending in Dover, England and including beautiful ports such as Casablanca and Agadir in Morocco, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Madeira and Leixoes in Portugal. The price is inclusive of the Have It All Early Booking Bonus. Please see the itinerary here: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E5C14A/J535D.html
- 14-Day Wild British Isles on board Nieuw Statendam (3rd May – 17th May 2025) starting from £2,609pp. Beginning and ending in Dover, this sailing stops at Rotterdam, Edinburgh, Inverness, Shetland Islands, Isle of Lewis, Belfast, Glasgow, Isle of Man, Dublin and Cork. The price is inclusive of the Have It All Early Booking Bonus. Please see the itinerary here: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E5N14O/J538B.html
- Rotterdam returns to Northern Europe in 2025 cruising out of its namesake city with roundtrip sailings from Rotterdam:
- Seven-day Norway and Denmark; Norwegian Fjords
- Seven- or 14-day Norway and Scotland
- Seven-day between Rotterdam and Reykjavik to Norway and Iceland
- 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden
- 14-day Norway Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland and Sweden
- Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. The itineraries range from seven to 14 days and sail roundtrip from Rotterdam.
- NEW Legendary Voyage: A 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” departs June 29, roundtrip from Rotterdam. The cruise features 15 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Scotland and England; passage through the Arctic Circle to the North Cape; scenic cruising through Iceland’s fjords; and four maiden calls in Greenland: Ittoqqortoormiit, Sisimiut, Ilulissat and Nuuk.
- Oosterdam will sail the entire 2025 Europe season in the Mediterranean on cruises from four homeports: Piraeus (Athens), Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice). The itineraries range from seven- to 14-days and cover the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Albania, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Nieuw Statendam sails 14-day cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia (Rome) and Piraeus (Athens), and roundtrip from Piraeus. The itineraries head to the eastern Med, including Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro and Greece.
- Nieuw Statendam explores the Holy Land in October on a 14-day cruise roundtrip from Piraeus (Athens) that visits Cyprus, Israel, Turkey and Greece, with overnights at Haifa and Rhodes.
- Nieuw Statendam visits the Canary Islands on a 14-day Canary Island Enchantment with Morocco & Portugal cruise departing April 20, 2025, roundtrip from Rotterdam, also including ports in Morocco, Madeira, Portugal and England.
- The popular “Voyage of the Vikings” returns in 2025 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 19, the 35-day adventure sails roundtrip from Boston and calls at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Norway. The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
- In April, Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam cross the Atlantic Ocean from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam; Oosterdam crosses from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.
- In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Oosterdam sail to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam and Barcelona, respectively.
26 Jul 23NEWS
Holland America Line has its best sales week since 2019Holland America Line’s £1 deposit event has led to its best week of cruise sales ...Read moreHolland America Line has its best sales week since 2019 - News & announcementsHolland America Line’s £1 deposit event has led to its best week of cruise sales for the UK market since 2019. The exclusive offer was available for three days only. It offered hundreds of sailings globally from winter 2023 to spring 2025, all bookable with just a £1 deposit per person. Almost all sailings were eligible for the offer. HAL says the majority of last week's bookings were for cruises departing in 2024 and 2025. Top destinations were Alaska, Asia and Europe. A large number of these bookings came through HAL’s travel agent partners. It comes on the heels of a record-breaking day for global sales on 11 July, the highest in its 150-year history. "We're thrilled with our best UK sales week in four years. Not only for the whole industry, but also for HAL in the UK,” said Karen Farndell, UK Sales and Marketing Director. "People are planning ahead for 2024, and even 2025 now."
14 Jul 23NEWS
Holland America Line has best day for cruise bookings everHolland America Line notched its most successful day of cruise bookings in its 150-year history on ...Read moreHolland America Line has best day for cruise bookings ever - News & announcementsHolland America Line notched its most successful day of cruise bookings in its 150-year history on July 11. Booking revenues broke the line's single-day record. Most of the sailings booked on July 11 were for 2024 and 2025, showing that cruisers are planning ahead and eager to travel. The bookings show big interest in Alaska, Europe and the Caribbean, as well as a lift in sales for its new, longer, Legendary Voyages. Reservations included far flung destinations including Australia, South America, the South Pacific and Asia. "We see a record booking day like this as encouraging for the whole industry. It's an endorsement of the quality of cruising product we're able to offer," said Gus Antorcha, HAL president. "People are planning their vacations for next year and even into 2025." Holland America Line leads in Alaska with the most Glacier Bay visits in the cruise industry. Upcoming Europe seasons offer trending destinations like Greenland and Iceland as well as Greece and Turkey. Itineraries range from week-long cruises to extended voyages across multiple regions. Two Pinnacle Class ships homeport in Rotterdam in 2024, with guests booking cruises to Northern Europe and the British Isles. Holland America Line also recently launched Legendary Voyages, a new category of longer cruises with destination-rich itineraries.
13 Jul 23NEWS
Holland America Line offering £1 depositsHolland America Line is launching a £1 deposit limited time offer. It lasts from 18 July 2023 to 20 July ...Read moreHolland America Line offering £1 deposits - News & announcementsHolland America Line is launching a £1 deposit limited time offer. It lasts from 18 July 2023 to 20 July 2023. Available for these three days only, guests have the choice of over 470 sailings globally, from winter 2023 to spring 2025. There are bookable with just a £1 deposit per person. It is the first time HAL has offered a £1 deposit. Almost all HAL sailings are eligible for the offer, excluding Grand Voyages. Options include Asia and Pacific cruises, Alaska, Mexico, or the Mediterranean. The £1 deposit can be combined with other promotions. such as the Have It All package.
23 Jun 23NEWS
HAL launches immersive National Geographic toursHolland America Line has started ‘National Geographic Day Tours’ offering guests more immersive experiences on ...Read moreHAL launches immersive National Geographic tours - News & announcementsHolland America Line has started ‘National Geographic Day Tours’ offering guests more immersive experiences on Mediterranean cruises. The exclusive shore excursions were developed in collaboration with National Geographic. Beginning this summer, guests sailing on Oosterdam and Nieuw Statendam can participate in National Geographic Day Tours. It allows guests to experience a day in the life of a marine biologist in Naples, or meet local families in Santorini, Greece. Each tour is led by a National Geographic trained guide. "We are continually looking for enriching and transformative experiences for our guests,” said Carole Biencourt, VP overseeing shore tour experiences. "We are pleased to offer them to guests om Mediterranean itineraries and will look to expand the program in the near future." Guests on select Mediterranean cruises can now book National Geographic tours online or through a travel advisor. Tours include ‘Influential Women in Turkey: From Past to Present’ in Kusadasi, Turkey and ‘the Fascinating World of Bees’ in Rhodes. The new day tours are available on seven to 14-day itineraries departing from Trieste, Piraeus and Barcelona with calls in Rhodes, Kusadasi Santorini and Naples.
09 Feb 23Partner News
Holland America Line’s 2024 Alaska Cruisetours Combine a Cruise with the Best of Denali and Exclusive Tour Options Featuring Canada’s Yukon – All Dates Now Available to BookHave it All Early Booking Bonus for Alaska Cruisetours offers crew appreciation and upgraded ...Read moreHolland America Line’s 2024 Alaska Cruisetours Combine a Cruise with the Best of Denali and Exclusive Tour Options Featuring Canada’s Yukon – All Dates Now Available to Book - News & announcementsHave it All Early Booking Bonus for Alaska Cruisetours offers crew appreciation and upgraded beverage package and Wi-Fi Holland America Line's 2024 Alaska Cruisetours are open for booking, and travelers who want to head to Denali and the Yukon can start planning their vacation with the leader in Alaska exploration. Leveraging more than 75 years of experience in the Great Land and a network of its own hotels, railcars and motorcoaches, Holland America Line is the only cruise line that extends the land tour to the heart of the Klondike Gold Rush and the unspoiled reaches of the Yukon Territory. "Holland America Line has dedicated decades to perfecting Alaska travel for our guests..." With 16 different Cruisetours in 2024, guests can choose whether to cruise to Alaska or go overland first, and then decide to include one, two or three nights at Denali National Park. Those who want to explore farther into Canada can add a trip to the remote landscapes of the Yukon with stops in Dawson City and Whitehorse. "Holland America Line has dedicated decades to perfecting Alaska travel for our guests and the result is an Alaska cruise and overland experience that is unmatched in the industry," said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer, Holland America Line. "For travelers who are looking to explore somewhere new or our guests who have already done an Alaska cruise but want to see more of this region, a Holland America Line Cruisetour makes it easy and enriching. And with our Early Booking Bonus, now is the time to plan ahead and lock in that space for a trip of a lifetime." Have It All Early Booking Bonus For a limited time, when guests book 2024 Alaska Cruisetours with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi. Highlights for 2024 Denali Cruisetours:
- Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam will offer Denali Cruisetours ranging from nine to 14 days between Vancouver, Canada, and Anchorage or Fairbanks, Alaska.
- All Denali Cruisetours include a seven-day Glacier Discovery cruise featuring Glacier Bay – Holland America Line has more permits to visit Glacier Bay than any other line -- and the Alaskan ports of Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway, plus either College Fjord or Hubbard Glacier (depending on the direction) and Inside Passage. The land side includes up to three nights at Holland America Line's McKinley Chalet Resort at the entrance to Denali National Park.
- All Double and Triple Denali itineraries include the Tundra Wilderness Tour, which provides the best wildlife viewing through Denali National Park.
- Holland America Line owns its motorcoaches, railcars and hotels, so schedules are preferential. Each Cruisetour gets a scenic ride on the luxury-domed McKinley Explorer, including select itineraries that offer Direct-to-Denali service, taking guests from their ship to their Denali hotel room on the same day.
- Yukon & Denali Cruisetours range from nine to 18 days and include either a three- or four-day Inside Passage cruise on Koningsdam or Zaandam, or a seven-day Glacier Discovery cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam or Noordam; a two-or three-night stay at Denali; and a journey into the Yukon.
- Every Yukon & Denali Cruisetour includes the services of a professional Tour Director, who makes time on land easy, convenient and insightful.
- All Yukon & Denali Cruisetours include a ride on the McKinley Explorer full-dome railcars, and select itineraries add on the historic White Pass & Yukon Route railroad from Skagway.
- Yukon & Denali Cruisetours features up to two nights in Dawson City, affording guests more time to relive Gold Rush history. Additional overnight experiences vary depending on the Cruisetour.
- Nearly all Yukon & Denali Cruisetours include a Gold Dredge 8 tour and many include a tour on the Klondike Spirit paddlewheeler that takes guests along the Yukon River past stunning tall pines, historic towns and wildlife. Every Yukon & Denali itinerary includes the Tundra Wilderness Tour at Denali National Park.
05 Jul 22NEWS
Holland America drops pre-cruise testing on some sailingsHolland America Line has lifted testing requirements on some sailings aboard HAL Rotterdam. Guests on ...Read moreHolland America drops pre-cruise testing on some sailings - News & announcementsHolland America Line has lifted testing requirements on some sailings aboard HAL Rotterdam. Guests on cruises departing July 10, July 17 and July 24 can skip pre-cruise tests. “We are adjusting our policies to align with those of the countries we visit,” HAL told travel advisors. All three itineraries depart from Amsterdam calling, at ports in Norway. Proof of vaccination is still required. “Our protocols are designed to ensure a relaxing and memorable vacation experience while maximizing the health and safety of our guests and crew,” HAL said. Holland America’s announcement comes after a similar one from P&O Cruises. Sister brand, UK-based P&O Cruises recently announced a similar exemption for selected cruises to Norway on the Iona ship.
26 Apr 22NEWS
Holland America Line cancels Asia sailingsHolland America Line has scrapped its scheduled Asia voyages this winter. Citing ‘current uncertainties around ...Read moreHolland America Line cancels Asia sailings - News & announcementsHolland America Line has scrapped its scheduled Asia voyages this winter. Citing ‘current uncertainties around access in the ports we visit in Asia’ HAL cancelled all 11 Asia sailings. HAL’s Westerdam will reposition to Australia and New Zealand. It plans to add Southeast Asia ports of call during the winter. It will then resume Asia cruises in full from February 2023. “We are contacting all impacted guests to help them rebook a cruise on one of our many worldwide sailing options, including the new Westerdam itineraries,” said Beth Bodensteiner, HAL chief commercial officer. Westerdam is the last ship in the fleet to return to service. It returns to service on June 12 in Seattle with week-long Alaska itineraries.
09 Dec 21NEWS
HAL appoints new marketing VPHolland America Line lined up Kacy Cole as the cruise line's new Vice President of ...Read moreHAL appoints new marketing VP - News & announcementsHolland America Line lined up Kacy Cole as the cruise line's new Vice President of Marketing and e-commerce. Cole comes to the cruise industry with more than 20 years of global experience leading marketing functions, digital transformation and integrating brand and performance marketing. She reports to Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line's Chief Commercial Officer. As vice president of marketing and e-commerce, Cole will create enhanced strategies for full-funnel marketing at all stages of the booking process and branded content. She will develop digital solutions that best service the guest experience. "Kacy joins Holland America Line with an impressive reputation as an impactful marketing leader, and her expertise will help drive our brand to more clearly define our position as one of the world's leading cruise lines," said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line. Prior to joining Holland America Line, Cole was senior vice president of marketing at digital platform LTK where she was responsible for global marketing functions. Cole has worked in various roles of increasing responsibility in integrated marketing, e-commerce and consumer marketing for companies including T-Mobile, Butter London and Tommy Bahama.
Dive Into Holland America Line's Global Fresh Fish Program
Holland America Line Europe 2025 Itineraries
Holland America Line invites you to enjoy Panama Canal shore excursions in Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Holland America Line invites you to enjoy Panama Canal shore excursions in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.
Holland America Line invites you to enjoy the Panama Canal shore excursions in Cartagena, Columbia
Holland America Line invites you to enjoy Panama Canal shore excursions in Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala
Holland America Line invites you to enjoy the best Caribbean shore excursions in Roseau, Dominica