G Adventures provides more flexibility with 14-day rebooking policy
Includes bookings on the iconic Inca Trail as trek reopening is announced
Hot on the heels of the government’s announcement of the new green list of countries for UK-based travellers, G Adventures has updated its ‘Book with Confidence’ policy, to offer increased flexibility for travellers looking to get away this summer, with the option to rebook itineraries just 14 days before a tour’s departure date.
The new Book with Confidence policy will include Inca Trail bookings made from 01 July, 2021, for when trips resume on the trail from 07 August, 2021. The small group adventure operator is encouraging travellers to book their hiking adventure along Peru’s most iconic trekking route as soon as possible, as the trail will be running at 50% capacity, meaning groups will have no more than eight travellers on each departure. Permits are on sale now for the 2021 season but will likely sell out fast.
The Inca Trail tours join G Adventures’ list of more than 350 trips departing in July and August, as more destinations are opening up and keen to welcome travellers who are ready and able to travel.
G Adventures’ updated ‘Book with Confidence’ policy now enables travellers to cancel and rebook their trip up to 14 days before departure, which is one of the most flexible cancellation policies in the industry. The updated conditions apply to tours booked from 01 July, 2021 up until 31 December, 2021, for departure dates up until 31 December, 2022*.
Brian Young, managing director at G Adventures, says he believes the relaxation of the Book with Confidence policy will help UK-based travellers to feel confident to travel in the coming months, and that the Inca Trail will be a popular choice among travellers looking for ‘milestone’ and ‘achievement’ style trips.
“The recent green list update has spurred a spike in interest around our tours in Madeira, Iceland and Ibiza, which continues to show that our travellers are eager to get away this summer. By offering shorter windows to be able to rebook prior to departure, we’re providing the best flexibility to help our travellers feel confident to book in the coming months, knowing that they can change the dates if they need to.
Since we relaunched tours in September 2020, G Adventures has safely operated over 100 trips, so as soon as travellers are ready to book, we are ready to take them on a life-changing adventure. We know from our booking trends that travellers are looking for more active, achievement-based trips and, having been named the Best Inca Trail Tour Operator, we pride ourselves on our ability to secure permits for the trail and deliver the best hiking experiences to our active travellers in Peru. The news that the trail will reopen later this summer is hugely exciting, but with permits already competitive before the pandemic and with the trail operating at 50% capacity, we’re encouraging travellers to get in touch now to lock in that dream hike sooner rather than later to avoid missing out,” Young continues.
Example Inca Trail itineraries and other popular tours included in the July and August departures that are available to book now include:
- The Inca Trail – Combine the cultural highlights of the Sacred Valley with the challenge of one of the world’s most coveted hikes. Pass along ancient Incan passes, passing ruins, mountainscapes and cloud forests before catching a glimpse of majestic Machu Picchu at sunrise as you enter the ancient citadel through the Sun Gate. Priced from £729pp** for a seven-day trip from Lima to Cusco.
- Classic Peru – This compact tour of the archaeological highlights and cultural treasures of the Andean highlands has it all. Cruise Lake Titicaca and experience rural life with a homestay in a small village. Wander the cobblestoned streets of Cusco before breaking a sweat hiking mountain passes along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Priced from £1,399pp for a 12-day tour from Lima to Cusco.
- Sailing Greece – Mykonos to Santorini – The ideal way to see the Greek Islands, this tour sees travellers step aboard a 52ft sailing yacht and set off for an eight day adventure. With hiking, snorkelling and plenty of down time on the agenda, as well as exploring ancient archaeological sites, visiting taverna-lined harbours and savouring fresh catch of the day, this trip is ideal for those looking to explore the islands by sea. Priced from £783pp (usually £979) for an eight-day trip from Mykonos to Santorini when booked before 31 July 2021 and departing before October 2021.
- Best of Iceland – Plus – Whale watching, breathtaking waterfalls, lava formations, majestic fjords, mighty glaciers and boat trips across lagoons – this week long Iceland trip is perfect for those wanting to see what this incredible destination has to offer. Starting and ending in Reykjavik, the tour, which is part of the new G Adventures Travel with Confidence Plus collection, visits local cantinas in Akureyri, Dettifoss waterfall, Vatnajokull glacier (the largest ice cap in Europe), Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and Diamond Beach, where seals sunbathe on the bright blue ice, Skaftafell National Park, hot springs and Gullfoss waterfall. Priced from £1,402pp** (usually £1,649) for a seven-day trip from and returning to Reykjavik.
- Hiking Ibiza – This six-day hiking tour shows travellers the natural side of ‘the white isle’ while hiking the rugged coastline and forests of the island’s north and western regions. Ideal for those wanting to tap into the island’s quieter, more bohemian side, this trip is perfect on its own or added on after a few days enjoying the famous music scene. Priced from £577pp** (usually £679) for a six-day trip from and returning to Santa Eularia des Riu.