Get more holiday for your money – P&O Cruises reveals how to save thousands on the added extras
P&O Cruises has today announced how a cruise holiday could save guests more than £1,600 on the cost of day-to-day holiday spending as supported by consumer expert, Alice Beer.
Based on typical holiday ‘extras’ including meals, travel and entertainment such as a headline show, cinema tickets or entrance to outdoor activities, the costs could amount to more than £1,000 based on two adults. For a family of four that figure rises to an eye-watering £1,600.
Compare this with a typical P&O Cruises holiday where everything from accommodation, travel to numerous must-see destinations, full board meals, afternoon tea, world-class entertainment and children’s clubs are all included in the price. For example, a seven-night fly/cruise to the Canary Islands costs £499 per person. The cruise includes return flights to Tenerife and stops at ports of call such as Madeira, Gran Canaria and Arrecife de Lanzarote.
Shore experiences and drinks packages can be purchased on board in sterling to avoid currency-exchange fluctuations. Guests can also spread the cost of their holiday with monthly payments, at no extra cost, when booking directly with P&O Cruises.
Alice Beer, who is This Morning’s consumer editor said: “When planning next year’s holiday, it’s more important than ever to do the maths. Often a seemingly bargain trip can end up costing much more than expected when you take into account food, activities and entertainment. A cruise, where nearly everything is included, offers incredible value for money and also gives you a unique opportunity to visit multiple destinations in just one holiday.”
P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said, “With many of us paring back on luxuries and looking to get more holiday for our money, there has never been a better time to try a cruise holiday. So much is included on a P&O Cruises holiday which means that guests can still enjoy all the additional extras that make a holiday memorable without having to worry about the costs mounting up.
“Many of our holidays start from Southampton avoiding expensive airport parking and costs which could save hundreds of pounds on the cost of a typical family holiday.”
Included in the cost of a P&O Cruises holiday:
- Travel – Fly-cruise holidays include flights from/to UK airports where P&O Cruises representatives will be on hand to help guests through the terminal. Coach transfers between the airport and the ship are included in the cost of the holiday. Where a shuttle bus is needed to exit the port, that is included in the holiday price.
- Food – Breakfast, lunch, dinner and daily afternoon tea is all included in the cost of a P&O Cruises holiday. Every holiday also includes a five-course Celebration Night Dinner designed by Food Hero Marco Pierre White.
- Accommodation – Comfortable, contemporary cabins are included, such as the new conservatory mini suites on Iona and Arvia which include an additional lounging area with floor-to-ceiling glass (and an external door) between the main cabin area and balcony so that guests can sit back and relax inside or out in comfort with incredible sea views.
- Children’s clubs – Run by a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, complimentary children’s clubs are available across the fleet and offer a perfect environment for younger travellers to enjoy every activity from soft play, imaginative spaces and high-energy activities plus gaming, DJ equipment and arts and crafts. Night nurseries are also available at no extra charge.
- World class entertainment is available across the fleet. P&O Cruises new ship Arvia brings exclusive new stage show, Greatest Days – The Official Take That Musical to life by an amazing cast from the Headliners Theatre Company.
- Ocean Studios – a multiplex cinema offering the latest blockbuster releases and family favourites in a plush setting.
- The 710 Club on Iona and Arvia – a sophisticated bar crafted to Music Director Gary Barlow’s creative vision. Atmospheric and low-lit, The 710 Club offers live music and stylish cocktails.
- International entertainment company, Creativiva offers fantastic shows in the SkyDome and Grand Atrium on Arvia and Iona. From acrobatics, aerial acts, physical theatre, dance, music, flamboyant costumes and impressive sets, the Grand Atrium and SkyDome provide a spectacular backdrop to these stunning shows.
- P&O Cruises has partnered with Aardman to offer children a range of Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep themed activities on board – including a themed dance class, craft workshop or Wallace & Gromit’s brand-new show, All Hands on Deck!
- The Club House – hosts guest speakers and live music and offers family entertainment and game shows. Night owls can party on with DJ nights, comedians and great music from resident band, Pulse.
- Quizzes, talks, demonstrations, and classes by all fields of experts run throughout the day from family game shows, dance classes or cookery demonstrations.
- On board activities
- Swimming pools – each ship has a range of pools including luxury whirlpool spas, splash zones, infinity pools, swim up bars and pools covered by retractable roofs.
- The new Altitude activity zone on Arvia will feature activities for guests of all ages, from minigolf, an aqua zone at Splash Valley and P&O Cruises first ever high-ropes experience.
- Altitude Minigolf on Arvia will be the new, tropical island-themed minigolf open all day and illuminated at night.
- Saunas and steam rooms – on some ships, the sauna and steam rooms are included in the cost of the holiday.
- Gym – state of the art gyms are included with technogym machines, bikes, treadmills, cross trainers, steppers, as well as weights and a number of free fitness classes.
- On the sports deck guests can choose from football, basketball, archery, short tennis, table tennis and golf nets.
Typical holiday extras
P&O Cruises holiday
Family of four
|Travel to your destination
(by sea, by air, transfers, shuttle bus)
Included in the cost of your holiday
|Gym||£16||Adults only on P&O Cruises holidays|
|West End Show||£212||£420|
|Live bands, aerial acts, performers, children’s shows, club||£40||£80|
|Cookery demonstration||£290||£290 (Based on two adults attending)|
|TOTAL PER PERSON||£513||£408|
P&O Cruises holiday based on a 7-night fly cruise on Azura (A230) for an inside cabin. Departing Tenerife on December 16, 2022, ports of call are Tenerife, Madeira, Gran Canaria and Arrecife De Lanzarote. More here.
Learn more about P&O Cruises
Your Email is bounced out please whitelist travelnewswires.com Or You can change your email from your profile Setting Section
Your region selection will be saved in your cookie for future visits. Please enable your cookie for TravelMole.com so this dialog box will not come up again.
Price Based Country test mode enabled for testing United States (US). You should do tests on private browsing mode. Browse in private with Firefox, Chrome and Safari