With a presence stretching back 48 years in Greater China with 39 years in the Chinese mainland, IHG Hotels & Resorts has a long history of dedication to the Greater China market. With a leading global vision, profound local insights, extensive industry experience, and a progressive business philosophy, IHG’s performance in the first half of this year has been recognized by the awarding of multiple accolades covering brand innovation, sustainable development, and talent strategy. These awards not only underscore IHG’s significant impact on the Chinese tourism and hospitality market, but also demonstrate its commitment to excellence.
Daniel Aylmer, Managing Director & Greater China, IHG Greater China, said: “IHG Hotels & Resorts has consistently capitalised on the “dual-circulation” strategy for growth, upholding our commitment to being ‘In China for China’ while expertly navigating the market and meeting the ever-changing needs of our guests and partners. We are honoured to have garnered a multitude of prestigious awards across various sectors. These accolades not only signify industry and consumer recognition of our relentless efforts, but also serve as a resounding testament to our dedication and continuous pursuit of innovation. By upholding the utmost standards of service excellence, our aim is to deliver even greater value to discerning consumers and esteemed owners, all while making significant contributions to the flourishing development of China’s culture and tourism industry.”
Unmatched Excellence Empowered by Diverse Brands
IHG has launched 12 brands in the Greater China market, spanning the Luxury & Lifestyle, Premium, and Essentials segments. With its extensive brand matrix and diversified product offerings, IHG has earned widespread acclaim from both the industry and consumers.
Luxury & Lifestyle Brands Create Storied Stays
- Regent Hong Kong, an iconic landmark on Victoria Harbour, was awarded “Best Newly Opened Hotel 2023” on the KOL Gold List 2023
- As the flagship brand of IHG’s Luxury brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts received the Bronze Award in the Tourism and Sightseeing category for its “InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Brand Marketing Campaign” at the Tiger Roar Awards, and was recognized as a “Influential Luxury Hotel Brand” by Meadin.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, known for its exceptional design and personalized service, was honoured as the “Best Emerging Hotel Brand 2023” on the KOL Gold List 2023.
Premium Brands Bring New Inspiration by Breaking Boundaries
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts has earned acclaim for its immersive metaverse campaign “TRAVEL WITHOUT BOUNDARIES”, receiving the annual “Most Creative Crossover Collaboration” title from HotelShare Awards. It was also recognized as ” Influential Premium Hotel Brand” by Meadin, while winning the Gold Award in the Metaverse Marketing category and the Bronze Award in the Tourism and Sightseeing category at the Tiger Roar Awards.
- Since its establishment, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts has been dedicated to providing guests with a premium hotel experience rich in Chinese cultural characteristics. The brand’s exceptional achievements include winning the Golden Phoenix Tree Award for Cross-Border Marketing and the Silver Phoenix Tree Award for Integrated Marketing, thanks to a captivating HUALUXE Gathering livestream concert on QQ Music.
Essentials Hotel Brands Sustain Steady Progress
- Holiday Inn Express, with its deep industry expertise and precise insights, has garnered multiple accolades, including the Meadin annual “Influential High-end Hotel Brand” award, the HotelShare’s “Most Promising Hotel Brand” award and “Most Investment-worthy Hotel Brand” award from Guangzhou Daily and 23rd China Golden Horse Awards.
IHG One Rewards has also consistently received praise and recognition from the industry. It has been recognized as the “Best Hotel Loyalty Program of 2023” at the KOL Gold List 2023 and the “Most Beloved Hotel Loyalty Program by Frequent Travelers” at the 11th Flyer Awards.
Spearheading Sustainability to Endorse a Greener Future
In line with the Chinese government’s push to develop the green economy, IHG has embraced sustainability, responding to China’s “dual carbon” targets by encouraging guests, owners, and employees to take part in carbon reduction efforts. In 2021, IHG launched the “Journey to Tomorrow”, a responsible business plan that showcases its visionary commitment to make a positive difference for people, communities, and the planet over the next decade.
From daily operations to construction or renovation, IHG integrates sustainable practices across all its operatons. Its support for zero-carbon goals and other sustainable initiatives has garnered recognition. IHG was honoured with the “Sustainable Development Hotel Group” award from Guangzhou Daily, named the “Annual Green Consumer Brand” by Southern Metropolis Daily, and acknowledged as one of the top 60 hotel groups by China Tourist Hotels Association in 2022. These accolades underscore the group’s leading position in the industry and reaffirm its steadfast commitment to sustainable development.
Fostering Talent to Ignite the Industry’s Future
As a people business, talent is the key factor for IHG’s development, which encourages putting diversity, equity, and inclusion at the cornerstone of its culture, where everyone can thrive. Committed to this vision, IHG offers structured career development and training programs, empowering employees to express their unique qualities and unlock their full potential. As such, IHG was honoured as a “2023 Top Employer China” by the Top Employers Institute and as the “Most Attractive Employer” by Universum.
IHG will continue to invest in the Greater China market, strengthening its leading position to collaborate with local partners and drive innovation. As it continues to offer exceptional stay experiences, IHG remains dedicated to supporting the long-term development of the tourism and hospitality industry.