JAL Group Announces FY2023 Winter Schedule on International and Domestic Network
Driven by the positive market recovery and the reclassification of COVID-19 to a class 5 infectious disease, there has been a steady increase in travel demand for both business and tourism customers arriving in and departing from Japan. Additionally, the impact of a weaker yen has contributed to a flourishing inbound demand. To further enhance the convenience for customers traveling on international flights, JAL will increase the frequency of flights on the following routes revised from the summer schedule of 2023.
– Increase of the Narita – Hong Kong route from 3 to 5 flights per week.
– Increase of the Kansai – Los Angeles route from 4 to 5 flights per week.
– Increase of the Kansai – Honolulu route in November from 4 to 5 flights per week, and increase of the Nagoya (Chubu) -Honolulu route from 3 to 4 flights per week.
※ Please note that plans for certain routes and periods are still being adjusted, and a comprehensive update will be provided once the finalized schedules are established.
Furthermore, preparations are underway for the new flagship A350-1000 aircraft, scheduled to start operating on the Haneda – New York route in late November. Information on launch date and other details, as well as interior and in-flight services, will be announced on October 2. Experience a sense of privacy and relaxation in our aircraft cabin, while we deliver products and services tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We invite you to anticipate a new and fitting boarding experience for the days to come.
In response to the recovering demand and market conditions, adjustments will be made to the number of domestic flights, taking into account the trends in customer demand. This includes the launch of new routes departing from Sapporo (Okadama) utilizing the newly introduced aircraft from Hokkaido Air System (HAC), starting from October 25.
– The inaugural flight date, flight frequency, and schedule for the Sapporo (Okadama) – Nemuro Nakashibetsu route have been determined.
– Increase of the Osaka (Itami) – Izumo route from 4 round trip to 5 round trip per day from October 29.
– Increase of the Osaka (Itami) – Kagoshima route from 7 round trip to 8 round trip per day from December 1.
The JAL Group strives to generate social and economic value by creating “relationships and connections” through air transportation, aiming to provide a comprehensive route network that caters to the evolving needs of our valued customers.