Support for Victims of the Maui Wildfires in Hawaii – JAL
Japan Airlines (JAL) would like to express our deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to those impacted by the wildfires on Maui Island in Hawaii. JAL sincerely prays for an expeditious recovery and restoration and is providing support as follows.
JAL is collecting monetary donations through the following channels and will contribute the donations to the Maui Strong Fund managed by the *Hawaii Community Foundation.
1. Collection of Mileage Donations through JAL Charity Miles
JAL Mileage Bank members are invited to donate their miles. The monetary equivalent of donated miles will be contributed.
– Donation period: August 18, 2023, 17:00 – September 30, 2023, 23:59 (Japan time)
– Donation details: Mileage donation based on 500 miles (equivalent to 500 yen) per unit
– Donation method: Accepting donations in 500 mile units on the JAL website
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/use/charity/2023/maui/ (login required)
2. Fundraising activities by JAL employees
The entire JAL Group will collect and contribute donations.
3. On-site Donations in Honolulu
Donations will be collected from customers at two locations:
1) JAL Sakura Lounge and departure gates at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
2) JALPAK Aloha Stations located in Waikiki.
Collection period: August 18, 2023 – September 30, 2023.
4. Donation of a Portion of JALPAK Tour Revenue
For all overseas package tours from Japan to Hawaii and JAL Overseas Dynamic Packages booked during the period of August 21, 2023 to September 30, 2023, a portion of the revenue will be donated as a contribution of 500 yen per person for itineraries departing between August 26, 2023 and March 31, 2024. Applicable only for travels originating in Japan.
5. Donation of Relief Fund
As a contribution to assist those affected by the fire, JAL will donate 10 million yen to the Maui Strong Fund managed by the *Hawaii Community Foundation. This fund will be delivered to the victims as a condolence money through the Maui Strong Fund.