Visit California’s Year in Review Highlights Record Marketing Success & New Programs Accelerating Recovery
The report covers Visit California’s program of work from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022. Highlights include:
- Paid marketing campaigns that delivered $17.1 billion in travel spending and drove family travel, road trips, professional meetings and events, urban tourism, culinary, and seasonal travel.
- New initiatives to accelerate urban recovery
- Tourism’s economic impact in California and current recovery projections
- Initiatives to advance sustainability goals and raise the industry’s relevance in government
- Cooperative marketing and industry collaborations that strengthened the California brand and increased local tourism
- Tourism industry resources and what’s ahead from Visit California
Together, Visit California and California’s more than 18,000 tourism businesses have shortened pandemic recovery projections by a full year and established a strong foundation for growth in the years ahead. To learn more and stay connected, view Visit California’s FY21/22 annual report.