Airport dismisses claims that ’13 out of 14′ security staff were sick
Edinburgh airport has dismissed claims that long security queues on Sunday night were caused by ’13 out of 14 security staff being sick’.
Passengers took to social media criticising the delays and expressing concern about missing flights.
One said he was told that ’13 out of 14′ security staff were sick.
A spokesman for Edinburgh Airport said he did not know where the figure had come from and confirmed that only three members of the security staff had called in sick.
He said the situation had not occurred before and was due to an unprecedented number of passengers at the same time as well as staffing issues.
The airport said that no flights had been delayed or missed as a result of the queues.
Diane
Have your say Cancel reply
Subscribe/Login to Travel Mole Newsletter
Travel Mole Newsletter is a subscriber only travel trade news publication. If you are receiving this message, simply enter your email address to sign in or register if you are not. In order to display the B2B travel content that meets your business needs, we need to know who are and what are your business needs. ITR is free to our subscribers.

































Phocuswright reveals the world's largest travel markets in volume in 2025
Higher departure tax and visa cost, e-arrival card: Japan unleashes the fiscal weapon against tourists
Cyclone in Sri Lanka had limited effect on tourism in contrary to media reports
Singapore to forbid entry to undesirable travelers with new no-boarding directive
Euromonitor International unveils world’s top 100 city destinations for 2025