BA faces 20 days of strikes
Monday, 11 May, 2010
0
British Airways faces 20 days of strike action by cabin crew including a walk out during the next school half-term holidays.
Four sets of industrial action are planned by the Unite union: May 18-22, May 24-28, May 30-June 3 and June 5-9.
BA plans to run all flights from Gatwick and London City Airport as well as a "sunstantial part" of its long haul network from Heathrow as well as services to all short haul destinations (see separate story).
Unite’s joint general secretaries Derek Simpson and Tony Woodley said: “Passengers and investors alike will be dismayed that British Airways’ management rejected an approach by the union over the weekend, after their offer had been comprehensively turned down by their own employees.
“Cabin crew are left with no choice but to take further strike action.
“The seven days notice period is sufficient time for BA management to do the sensible thing and reopen meaningful negotiations.”
Unite said it also intends to hold a further industrial action ballot of BA cabin crew over issues which have arisen from the company’s conduct during the dispute.
*See separate stroy for BA reaction.
by Phil Davies
Phil Davies
Have your say Cancel reply
Most Read
TRAINING & COMPETITION
Posting....
Skip to toolbar
Clearing CSS/JS assets' cache... Please wait until this notice disappears...
Updating... Please wait...
Subscribe/Login to Travel Mole Newsletter
Travel Mole Newsletter is a subscriber only travel trade news publication. If you are receiving this message, simply enter your email address to sign in or register if you are not. In order to display the B2B travel content that meets your business needs, we need to know who are and what are your business needs. ITR is free to our subscribers.
































Phocuswright reveals the world's largest travel markets in volume in 2025
Higher departure tax and visa cost, e-arrival card: Japan unleashes the fiscal weapon against tourists
Cyclone in Sri Lanka had limited effect on tourism in contrary to media reports
Singapore to forbid entry to undesirable travelers with new no-boarding directive
Euromonitor International unveils world’s top 100 city destinations for 2025