Death toll at Mali hotel rises to 22
The Radisson Blu in Mali will re-open as soon as possible as the number of unconfirmed victims rises to 22.
A spokeswoman for the hotel said that the Malinese authorities had not yet issued a final list of casualties but that the latest information from the UN was 22 victims.
She added that an exact date for the hotel in Bamako to re-open would be agreed once all the investigations had been completed later this week and the property was accessible again.
The hotel will reinforce safety and security awareness with staff following the incident on Friday which saw gunmen storm the hotel, shooting guests and taking others hostage.
A spokeswoman said: "Already before the recent attacks in Paris we had reinforced safety & security awareness at all our hotels across EMEA – to ensure all our staff is prepared, attentive and vigilant, and trained regarding our corporate safety & security guidelines that are very strict.
"We will further reinforce awareness following Bamako. In certain destinations like Brussels that is currently on highest terror alert we have increased number of security staff at our hotels – but independently from what happened in Bamako, this is a measurement we always apply if such situations arise."
Diane
Have your say Cancel reply
Subscribe/Login to Travel Mole Newsletter
Travel Mole Newsletter is a subscriber only travel trade news publication. If you are receiving this message, simply enter your email address to sign in or register if you are not. In order to display the B2B travel content that meets your business needs, we need to know who are and what are your business needs. ITR is free to our subscribers.
































Phocuswright reveals the world's largest travel markets in volume in 2025
Higher departure tax and visa cost, e-arrival card: Japan unleashes the fiscal weapon against tourists
Cyclone in Sri Lanka had limited effect on tourism in contrary to media reports
Singapore to forbid entry to undesirable travelers with new no-boarding directive
Euromonitor International unveils world’s top 100 city destinations for 2025