EasyJet introduces new cabin bag policy
EasyJet is trying to encourage passengers to reduce the size of their hand luggage by introducing a new policy that only guarantees cabin space for smaller bags.
From July 2, passengers with bags larger than 50cm by 40cm by 20cm risk them being removed at the gate and placed in the hold if the airline has run out of space on board.
Passengers will still be able to take larger bags up to the airline’s existing luggage allowance of 56cm by 45cm by 25cm, but on busier flights they will be placed in the hold free of charge.
The airline said the new cabin bag policy was necessary as it was finding on some of its busier flights that it was running out of bag space in the cabin.
Several delegates flying on easyJet to the Advantage conference in Malaga earlier this month were told their bags were too large to fit on the outbound flights, which were full.
EasyJet said passengers’ whose cabin bags were put in the hold would not be charged any extra, as long as they did not exceed the maximum carry-on luggage allowance.
Have your say Cancel reply
Subscribe/Login to Travel Mole Newsletter
Travel Mole Newsletter is a subscriber only travel trade news publication. If you are receiving this message, simply enter your email address to sign in or register if you are not. In order to display the B2B travel content that meets your business needs, we need to know who are and what are your business needs. ITR is free to our subscribers.
































Phocuswright reveals the world's largest travel markets in volume in 2025
Higher departure tax and visa cost, e-arrival card: Japan unleashes the fiscal weapon against tourists
Cyclone in Sri Lanka had limited effect on tourism in contrary to media reports
Singapore to forbid entry to undesirable travelers with new no-boarding directive
Euromonitor International unveils world’s top 100 city destinations for 2025