Since 1932, P&O Cruises has offered Aussies and Kiwis the opportunity to take to the seas and have the holiday experience of a lifetime. Whether venturing near or far, our cruises offer a memorable holiday experience that’s truly Like No Place On Earth. Over the years we’ve led the Australasian cruise industry, and established ourselves as the region’s only home brand and experts in delivering memorable cruise holidays.
Our fleet of P&O cruise ships consists of our current ship Pacific Explorer® and in the latest chapter in P&O’s history, we are excited to welcome the Pacific Adventure® and the Pacific Encounter® to our fleet in 2022.
Our Cruise Destinations
The long list of P&O cruise destinations includes some of the most beautiful and exotic holiday destinations on the planet. Our cruises depart from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Cairns, and Auckland set sail for incredible destinations throughout the South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
Since pioneering cruising to the South Pacific decades ago, we’ve returned time and time again to the beautiful shores of New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Tonga and the Solomon Islands. To see all of the places we visit, view our cruise destination map.
On every cruise, our guests are treated to a range of amazing onboard cruise activities, plenty of dining options, spectacular entertainment, and a wide range of shore tours that offers something for everyone.
With years of experience and thousands of cruises under our belt, we know how Aussies like to cruise. Our popular Short Breaks cruises and longer cruise holidays offer the perfect opportunity for guests to relax, unwind, and explore the world.
P&O Cruises offer something for everyone, from families of all ages and sizes to couples and groups. Choose from 60 onboard activities everyday, or book into a Shore Tour once you arrive at your destination: With over 500 Shore Tours to choose from, there’s one for every taste, budget, and fitness level. Our cruise holidays are designed to help you feel relaxed from the moment you step onboard till your return to shore.
P&O Cruises is part of the Carnival Australia family, which represents seven leading cruise brands in the Australian and New Zealand market: P&O Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, P&O Cruises World Cruising, Princess Cruises, and Seabourn.
11 Oct 23NEWS
P&O Cruises unveils winter 2025-26 collectionP&O Cruises has rolled our a new collection of cruise holidays for winter 2025/26 with ...Read moreP&O Cruises unveils winter 2025-26 collection - News & announcementsP&O Cruises has rolled our a new collection of cruise holidays for winter 2025/26 with a dozen new ports of call. They go on general sale from October 18, 2023. As well as new destinations to look forward to, there are introductory offers, such as a 10% saving and 10% deposit offer. In winter 2025/2026, P&O Cruises will return to 12 ports for the first time in five or more years. These include Los Angeles, Melbourne, Bali, as well as Bodø in Norway and Dunedin in New Zealand. These P&O Cruises holidays will also include more extended stays in port to delve deeper into the destination. Cruises booked by December 4, 2023 will include a 10% introductory saving on applicable winter 2025/26 Select Price holidays. There is also a 10% deposit offer on applicable Select Price or Early Saver holidays departing between October 2025 and March 2026. In addition, there is a 5% Peninsular Club saving for members of P&O Cruises loyalty programme. Highlights of the programme include new Caribbean fly-cruise holidays on Britannia with two new itineraries with calls in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Grand Turk. In December 2025, Aurora will go on an extended 14-night northern lights cruise from Southampton, with calls at Åndalsnes, Bodø, Narvik, Tromsø and Haugesund. In January 2026, Aurora will embark on a 75-night Grand Tour around South America.
12 Sep 23NEWS
P&O Cruises launches double onboard spending offerP&O Cruises offers double onboard spending money, no matter the destination P&O Cruises is offering ...Read moreP&O Cruises launches double onboard spending offer - News & announcementsP&O Cruises offers double onboard spending money, no matter the destination P&O Cruises is offering double onboard spending money on applicable new Select Price cruise holidays. The offer is valid for cruise holidays departing before December 31, 2024 when booked by October 2, 2023. Double onboard spending money can be used on dining in specialty restaurants, spa treatments, shore experiences and in retail outlets. Example itineraries valid for the double on board spending offer include: Caribbean Transatlantic, 15-nights with up to £580 on board spending 15-nights on Arvia (K406A) from £1,699 per person based on a sea view cabin. Departing Bridgetown, Barbados on March 16, 2024 the price includes outbound flights, full board meals, entertainment and children’s clubs. Returning to Southampton, ports of call are Castries (Saint Lucia), Basseterre (Saint Kitts), St Maarten (Saint Maarten), Tenerife (Spain) and La Coruna (Spain). Norwegian Fjords, 12-nights with up to £500 on board spending 12-nights on Arcadia (J402) from £1,229 per person based on a sea view cabin. Departing Southampton on April 15, 2024 the price includes full board meals and entertainment. Returning to Southampton, ports of call are Stavanger, Nordfjordeid, Trondheim, Åndalsnes, Ålesund, Bergen and Kristiansand. Mediterranean, 14-nights with up to £600 on board spending 14-nights on Arvia (K408) from £1,299 per person based on a sea view cabin. Departing Southampton on April 14, 2024 the price includes full board meals, entertainment and children’s clubs. Returning to Southampton, ports of call are La Coruna (Spain), Mallorca (Spain), Florence/Pisa (from La Spezia, Italy), Marseille (France), Barcelona (Spain) and Seville (from Cádiz, Spain). On-board spending amounts are on a per cabin based for two people sharing. The double onboard spending offer is not applicable to inside cabins on cruises under seven nights.
04 Sep 23NEWS
Louisa Bell of P&O Ferries talks about their modern fleet, the return of popularity and how they value the British Travel AwardsLouisa Bell of P&O Ferries talks about their modern fleet, the return of popularity and how they value the British Travel Awards - News & announcements
31 Jul 23NEWS
P&O Ferries offers discounted ‘rescue’ faresP&O Ferries hopes to save the summer holidays for those impacted by flight and holiday ...Read moreP&O Ferries offers discounted ‘rescue’ fares - News & announcementsP&O Ferries hopes to save the summer holidays for those impacted by flight and holiday cancellations. It is offering a 20% discount on the Dover to Calais ferry route for those seeking a last minute alterabtive holiday. This year flight cancellations from the UK have increased significantly. One in every 69 flights departing from the UK have been cancelled this year. Impacted travellers need only enter their flight number on P&O Ferries’ website to get a 20% discount on the iDover to Calais ferry service. Jo Harvey, Customer and Marketing Director said: “We didn’t want people to lose out on their holidays.” “We wanted to provide people with an opportunity to try a new way of holidaying to keep their summer breaks.” The Dover-Calais ferry operates up to 15 sailings a day at peak times with a crossing time of 90 minutes.
21 Jul 23NEWS
P&O Cruises’ Shine points offer a hit with agentsMore than 100 travel agents booked a personal P&O Cruises holiday as part of a ...Read moreP&O Cruises’ Shine points offer a hit with agents - News & announcementsMore than 100 travel agents booked a personal P&O Cruises holiday as part of a recent Shine Rewards Club offer. The deal gave agents double the value of Shine points when booking their own holiday. Points have been redeemed against a wide range of cruises, including seven-night holidays to the Norwegian fjords on Iona, as well as cruises to the Mediterranean and Caribbean. Around 45% of those booked were going on their first ever P&O Cruises holiday. Director of sales, Ruth Venn said, “There’s no better way for agents to sell P&O Cruises holidays than by experiencing it themselves.” “We’re so excited to have seen a surge of agent partners taking advantage of our recent offer.”
10 May 23NEWS
P&O Cruises announces double Shine points offerP&O Cruises is offering travel agents double Shine points for a limited period. P&O Cruises’ ...Read moreP&O Cruises announces double Shine points offer - News & announcementsP&O Cruises is offering travel agents double Shine points for a limited period. P&O Cruises’ 'Holiday with Shine' travel agent offer will double the value of Shine points when travel agents book their own holiday through Shine Rewards Club. The agent offer is available on new bookings made until June 30, 2023 up to a value of 3,000 Shine points. Points can be redeemed against any P&O Cruises holiday including on newest ship Arvia. P&O Cruises director of sales, Ruth Venn said: "We're excited to bring back our Holiday with Shine offer and give agents even more of a reason to book.” “This is the perfect opportunity for agents to book their cabin on Arvia and experience everything a holiday on board has to offer."
03 Mar 23Partner News
Nicole Scherzinger to create spectacular shows for P&O Cruises and name new ship ArviaMulti award-winning performer Nicole Scherzinger is to create spectacular music and dance extravaganzas for ...Read moreNicole Scherzinger to create spectacular shows for P&O Cruises and name new ship Arvia - News & announcementsMulti award-winning performer Nicole Scherzinger is to create spectacular music and dance extravaganzas for P&O Cruises in an exclusive entertainment partnership. As part of a wider collaboration, the lead singer of one of the world’s biggest girl bands, The Pussycat Dolls, will also name P&O Cruises newest ship Arvia in a world-first beachside ceremony on March 16, 2023 in Barbados. P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “It is an extraordinary privilege for us to work with someone of Nicole’s talent and calibre. As a global superstar Nicole is well placed to create contemporary and breath-taking late night shows which will be performed in SkyDome on our two newest ships Iona and Arvia. “We could not be more thrilled that she has agreed to be Arvia’s “godmother” and will be with us on March 16 when Arvia is officially named in the Caribbean. The ceremony will be broadcast live and will include a performance from Olly Murs as well as Nicole’s striking show finale. “Through her many appearances on some of the UK’s best loved shows Nicole has won the hearts of the British public. She really is the epitome of zest for life and as a critically-acclaimed talent she joins a line-up of world-famous godmothers and partners for P&O Cruises. Her involvement reflects everything which P&O Cruises stands for – a modern, forward-thinking holiday company which has always excelled in the levels of cutting-edge entertainment we provide. “As part of the fabric of the iconic British theatrical and live music sector, with hundreds of performers every year, we are always striving to set new standards for the quality of our on board shows and this association with Nicole takes that to another level.” Nicole Scherzinger said: “This is an extraordinary and special opportunity for me to create a visual and musical feast for people to immerse themselves in, with the sea as their backdrop, giving them something to truly remember. I want to create an experience to remember for the audiences of Iona and Arvia and I am delighted to become part of the P&O Cruises family. “I have always felt as though I am honorary Brit and to be asked to name Arvia in Barbados really is the icing on the cake and I cannot wait to perform my godmother duties in the most beautiful of Caribbean locations.” Arvia’s naming ceremony will be broadcast live on YouTube on Thursday March 16, 2023 at 7pm To watch the event live on YouTube please go to - https://bit.ly/arviasnamingceremony More details of the shows to be created by Nicole Scherzinger on Arvia and Iona will be revealed later this year.
15 Dec 22Partner News
P&O Cruises officially welcomes new ship Arvia to its fleet – a “symbol of optimism” for the future of the industryAt an official handover ceremony with the Meyer Werft shipyard today, Thursday December 15, ...Read moreP&O Cruises officially welcomes new ship Arvia to its fleet – a “symbol of optimism” for the future of the industry - News & announcementsAt an official handover ceremony with the Meyer Werft shipyard today, Thursday December 15, 2022, P&O Cruises took ownership of Arvia, the latest addition to its fleet and, similar to its sister ship Iona, the largest cruise ship ever built for the UK market. At 185,000 tonnes, 345m in length with 16 guest decks and setting new ground for guest experience, Arvia is P&O Cruises second ship to be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), the marine industry’s most advanced fuel technology to date. Arvia has an optimised hull design to minimise drag and is installed with the latest energy-efficient technology on board. P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow, who was present at the event in Bremerhaven and signed the Protocol for Delivery and Acceptance said: “Arvia, as the latest evolution in the P&O Cruises experience, embodies the newest trends in travel, dining and entertainment and is the epitome of a sunshine resort sailing year-round to the warmest climates. It takes its sister ship Iona’s design aesthetic and general arrangement but provides new and exciting outside and inside spaces which make the most of Arvia’s deployment to the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. “Arvia is a very evident symbol of optimism for the future of the cruise industry as we see a new generation recognising the value for money and individuality of a holiday at sea. “The ship is now officially part of the P&O Cruises fleet and we are focused on readying her to welcome guests for the maiden cruise on December 23 before departure to the Caribbean on January 6, 2023 for a winter season from Barbados. “I would like to thank the vast teams of skilled engineers, designers, architects and so many more who worked on Arvia from the concept and design through to the build and finished feat of innovation and technical excellence we see here today.” New features on Arvia:
- SkyDome will feature a retractable glass roof, creating a relaxed poolside environment with dining and drinking options for guests. In the evening, the space will seamlessly transition into an entertainment venue, showcasing superb production shows, live music, guest act tributes and aerialist performances. Guests will also be able to enjoy blockbuster movies under the stars on the huge SeaScreen.
- New restaurants created exclusively for Arvia include Green & Co feat. Mizuhana which offers guests exquisitely crafted fish and plant-based dishes. 6th Street Diner is an all-American diner serving breakfast, brunch, dinner and sweet treats, accompanied with great music and ice-cold cocktails. There are new menus of Caribbean dishes designed by Local Food Hero Shivi Ramoutar at Taste 360 and The Beach House as well as a Mediterranean-inspired menu from José Pizarro in The Glass House and Cellar Door.
- New experiential retail areas on board include an area showcasing the latest in tech at sea, a ‘design your own’ fine jewellery bar; and the first-at-sea Swarovski ‘Wonder Lab’ Concept Store featuring the latest crystal collections from Swarovski’s new creative director, Giovanna Engelbert. There will also be a collection of pre-loved handbags and watches.
- New entertainment options include Altitude, Arvia’s outdoor adventure zone which features Altitude Skywalk, P&O Cruises first ever high-ropes experience, Altitude Minigolf and the new aqua zone at Splash Valley. Mission Control is also exclusive to Arvia and is a unique immersive experience combining an escape game with multimedia simulation and a live-action story to create a thrilling underwater challenge. New to Arvia will be the stage musical, Greatest Days - The Official Take That Musical which is an adaptation of the acclaimed West End musical The Band, which features the songs of Take That and is a story by Olivier Award-winning writer Tim Firth. Arvia will also feature WaveLength, a new interactive gameshow, virtually starring presenter and game show host Ben Shephard.
30 Aug 22Partner News
P&O Cruises new ship Arvia to feature more than 30 bars and restaurants, with exclusive destination-inspired dishes by Shivi Ramoutar and José PizarroP&O Cruises newest ship Arvia, arriving in December 2022 will feature more than 30 ...Read moreP&O Cruises new ship Arvia to feature more than 30 bars and restaurants, with exclusive destination-inspired dishes by Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro - News & announcementsP&O Cruises newest ship Arvia, arriving in December 2022 will feature more than 30 places to eat and drink and new menus by Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro. Arvia is also set to be home to new restaurants created exclusively for the ship including Green & Co feat. Mizuhana and 6th Street Diner. P&O Cruises is collaborating with queen of contemporary Caribbean cooking, Shivi Ramoutar and acclaimed Spanish chef, José Pizarro, to bring local food experiences to Arvia's holidays in the Caribbean and Mediterranean respectively. At The Beach House Shivi will celebrate her passion for Caribbean cuisine with a range of dishes including her vibrant Jerk Chicken Supreme with rice and peas, coleslaw, shallow-fried plantain and a Jamaican cornmeal speciality known as festivals. In The Glass House and Cellar Door guests will be able to try tapas created by José Pizarro, paired with wines selected by Food Hero Olly Smith. Dishes will include José Pizarro Tapas with grilled whole tiger prawns, mango, chilli and garlic salsa; lamb cutlets, crushed potatoes, olives, dried cherry tomatoes and romesco sauce; and tuna tartare with avocado, tomato and chilli dressing. Green & Co feat. Mizuhana will be a new restaurant exclusive to Arvia and will offer guests exquisitely crafted fish and plant-based dishes. Guests will be able to dine at the sushi bar and watch the expert chefs at work or be seated at tables to enjoy the views out to sea. Dishes will include –
- Chakalaka Wellington with a South African inspired spiced, smokey tomato sauce, red cabbage gel, corn relish, warm green bean salad, crispy corn kernels and a side of spiced sweet potato pakoras, coconut labneh, pea and mint dip
- Moriawase Platters Nigiri with yellow fin tuna, Highland salmon, yellow tail, sea bass, maki and tuna uramaki
- Chocolate Earth Plate with dark chocolate and beetroot pebbles, chocolate mushrooms, tarragon jelly, chocolate soil and non-dairy vanilla gelato
- Pennsylvania Dutch Waffles with fried chicken and spicy maple syrup
- New York Strip Steak with grilled asparagus, crispy shallows, garlic butter and fries
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pie with cream cheese frosting
- Amber Lounge – situated in the Grand Atrium, guests will be able to enjoy expertly crafted cocktails while watching artists perform aerial vignettes above. New cocktails for Arvia include a Barberousse (with a mixture of 3 different rums, apricot and pomegranate juice) and a Tortuga Cobbler (with Aperol, grapefruit, raspberry juice and rum from The Tidal Rum).
- Anderson’s Bar – boasting a boutique distillery and a menu of craft rums and gins, this intimate bar is a cosy spot for drinks by day and night. During the winter season, the on-board still will create unique rum, created exclusively by The Tidal Rum and in the summer, we make bespoke Marabelle Gin.
- Infinity - the new swim-up bar on board Arvia will be the perfect place for guests to enjoy a cocktail or two.
- Vistas Café Bar - Café serving pâtisserie and sweet treats with Costa coffee, teapigs™ tea and ocean views.
- Ripples - Gelateria, in partnership with Snowflake Luxury Gelato, serving gelato cones, cakes, and sundaes, including a rum & raisin gelato and a special Caribbean-inspired sundae.
- Taste 360 - Serving burgers, hot dogs, oven-baked pizza, authentic street food and special dishes from Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro.
- The Olive Grove - Mediterranean restaurant with a menu featuring the region’s iconic dishes, from Greek mezze to Moroccan lamb tagine. On Celebration Nights, the restaurant will offer an exclusive menu from José Pizarro.
- The Keel and Cow - Gastropub serving dry-aged steaks, British classics and signature burger, The Prime Minister.
- Sindhu - Guests can dine amidst stylish surroundings whilst chefs take them on a journey that celebrates the best of contemporary Indian cuisines.
- Epicurean - Classic British ingredients are given a modern twist and are served with fine wines, flawless service, elegant surroundings and stunning ocean vistas.
- The Limelight Club - a ticketed event exclusively for adults, guests will be able to settle back for entertainment provided by some of Britain’s best-loved performers while eating a three-course dinner.
- The 710 Club - a sophisticated live-music bar that’s been crafted to Music Director Gary Barlow’s creative vision, guests will be able to immerse themselves in an array of musical genres while enjoying stylish cocktails and negronis hand-picked by Gary.
15 Aug 22NEWS
P&O Cruises, Cunard eases testing protocolsSister brands Cunard Line and P&O Cruises have relaxed health protocols from September 6, 2022. ...Read moreP&O Cruises, Cunard eases testing protocols - News & announcementsSister brands Cunard Line and P&O Cruises have relaxed health protocols from September 6, 2022. Testing for fully vaccinated passengers will no longer be ‘required’ but ‘highly recommended’ for shorter sailings. Vaccinated guests still require a negative antigen or PCR test on longer, more ‘complex’ sailings of 16 nights or longer. Stricter rules may be in place in certain regions such as Canada and Australia. “These updated protocols reflect the current environment across the world,” said Sture Myrmell, Carnival UK President. P&O Cruises temporarily eased testing requirements in late June aboard a single ship, Iona, for several sailings to test how guests might respond and whether the measure would be suitable. That test period passed without difficulty, but was not extended nor applied to other ships until now. The two lines still require all adult guests to be fully vaccinated. Crew are all vaccinated and are tested regularly.
03 Aug 22Partner News
P&O Cruises announces updated flexible booking policyP&O Cruises has today announced an updated flexible booking policy following a review of ...Read moreP&O Cruises announces updated flexible booking policy - News & announcementsP&O Cruises has today announced an updated flexible booking policy following a review of its temporary COVID-19 enhancements. Guests who make a new Select Price booking from August 3, 2022 will be able to:
- Transfer their booking once
- Transfer their booking free of charge
- Transfer their booking to a holiday of equal or higher value
- Transfer their booking up to the date that the balance for their holiday is due (90 days prior to departure of their existing booking)
- Transfer their booking to a holiday sailing within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Cruise, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journey, Grand Tour or Exotic fly-cruise).
23 Jun 22NEWS
P&O Cruises drops pre-travel testing on some Iona sailingsP&O Cruises is dropping pre-travel testing requirements. However, the testing mandate will be removed for ...Read moreP&O Cruises drops pre-travel testing on some Iona sailings - News & announcementsP&O Cruises is dropping pre-travel testing requirements. However, the testing mandate will be removed for only one ship, and initially for a limited time. It is applicable to guests on P&O Cruises Iona. The no test easing lasts from 25 June to 23 July 2022, covering five sailings. “As the health protocols continue to evolve, P&O Cruises will be changing its policy on Iona to remove the pre-departure testing for all guests,” it said in note to guests. “We still have a number of protocols in place to help you relax and enjoy your holiday.” All the cruises depart Southampton to the Norwegian fjords. P&O Cruises said guests booed on other ship musts still take a pre-departure test for now. “For the moment, the removal of testing will only be on these five cruises but should this be extended then we will advise guests as necessary,” the line said.