Since 1932, P&O Cruises has offered Aussies and Kiwis the opportunity to take to the seas and have the holiday experience of a lifetime. Whether venturing near or far, our cruises offer a memorable holiday experience that’s truly Like No Place On Earth. Over the years we’ve led the Australasian cruise industry, and established ourselves as the region’s only home brand and experts in delivering memorable cruise holidays.
Our fleet of P&O cruise ships consists of our current ship Pacific Explorer® and in the latest chapter in P&O’s history, we are excited to welcome the Pacific Adventure® and the Pacific Encounter® to our fleet in 2022.
Our Cruise Destinations
The long list of P&O cruise destinations includes some of the most beautiful and exotic holiday destinations on the planet. Our cruises depart from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Cairns, and Auckland set sail for incredible destinations throughout the South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
Since pioneering cruising to the South Pacific decades ago, we’ve returned time and time again to the beautiful shores of New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Tonga and the Solomon Islands. To see all of the places we visit, view our cruise destination map.
On every cruise, our guests are treated to a range of amazing onboard cruise activities, plenty of dining options, spectacular entertainment, and a wide range of shore tours that offers something for everyone.
With years of experience and thousands of cruises under our belt, we know how Aussies like to cruise. Our popular Short Breaks cruises and longer cruise holidays offer the perfect opportunity for guests to relax, unwind, and explore the world.
P&O Cruises offer something for everyone, from families of all ages and sizes to couples and groups. Choose from 60 onboard activities everyday, or book into a Shore Tour once you arrive at your destination: With over 500 Shore Tours to choose from, there’s one for every taste, budget, and fitness level. Our cruise holidays are designed to help you feel relaxed from the moment you step onboard till your return to shore.
P&O Cruises is part of the Carnival Australia family, which represents seven leading cruise brands in the Australian and New Zealand market: P&O Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, P&O Cruises World Cruising, Princess Cruises, and Seabourn.
03 Mar 23Partner News
Nicole Scherzinger to create spectacular shows for P&O Cruises and name new ship ArviaMulti award-winning performer Nicole Scherzinger is to create spectacular music and dance extravaganzas for ...Read moreNicole Scherzinger to create spectacular shows for P&O Cruises and name new ship Arvia - News & announcementsMulti award-winning performer Nicole Scherzinger is to create spectacular music and dance extravaganzas for P&O Cruises in an exclusive entertainment partnership. As part of a wider collaboration, the lead singer of one of the world’s biggest girl bands, The Pussycat Dolls, will also name P&O Cruises newest ship Arvia in a world-first beachside ceremony on March 16, 2023 in Barbados. P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “It is an extraordinary privilege for us to work with someone of Nicole’s talent and calibre. As a global superstar Nicole is well placed to create contemporary and breath-taking late night shows which will be performed in SkyDome on our two newest ships Iona and Arvia. “We could not be more thrilled that she has agreed to be Arvia’s “godmother” and will be with us on March 16 when Arvia is officially named in the Caribbean. The ceremony will be broadcast live and will include a performance from Olly Murs as well as Nicole’s striking show finale. “Through her many appearances on some of the UK’s best loved shows Nicole has won the hearts of the British public. She really is the epitome of zest for life and as a critically-acclaimed talent she joins a line-up of world-famous godmothers and partners for P&O Cruises. Her involvement reflects everything which P&O Cruises stands for – a modern, forward-thinking holiday company which has always excelled in the levels of cutting-edge entertainment we provide. “As part of the fabric of the iconic British theatrical and live music sector, with hundreds of performers every year, we are always striving to set new standards for the quality of our on board shows and this association with Nicole takes that to another level.” Nicole Scherzinger said: “This is an extraordinary and special opportunity for me to create a visual and musical feast for people to immerse themselves in, with the sea as their backdrop, giving them something to truly remember. I want to create an experience to remember for the audiences of Iona and Arvia and I am delighted to become part of the P&O Cruises family. “I have always felt as though I am honorary Brit and to be asked to name Arvia in Barbados really is the icing on the cake and I cannot wait to perform my godmother duties in the most beautiful of Caribbean locations.” Arvia’s naming ceremony will be broadcast live on YouTube on Thursday March 16, 2023 at 7pm To watch the event live on YouTube please go to - https://bit.ly/arviasnamingceremony More details of the shows to be created by Nicole Scherzinger on Arvia and Iona will be revealed later this year.
15 Dec 22Partner News
P&O Cruises officially welcomes new ship Arvia to its fleet – a “symbol of optimism” for the future of the industryAt an official handover ceremony with the Meyer Werft shipyard today, Thursday December 15, ...Read moreP&O Cruises officially welcomes new ship Arvia to its fleet – a “symbol of optimism” for the future of the industry - News & announcementsAt an official handover ceremony with the Meyer Werft shipyard today, Thursday December 15, 2022, P&O Cruises took ownership of Arvia, the latest addition to its fleet and, similar to its sister ship Iona, the largest cruise ship ever built for the UK market. At 185,000 tonnes, 345m in length with 16 guest decks and setting new ground for guest experience, Arvia is P&O Cruises second ship to be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), the marine industry’s most advanced fuel technology to date. Arvia has an optimised hull design to minimise drag and is installed with the latest energy-efficient technology on board. P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow, who was present at the event in Bremerhaven and signed the Protocol for Delivery and Acceptance said: “Arvia, as the latest evolution in the P&O Cruises experience, embodies the newest trends in travel, dining and entertainment and is the epitome of a sunshine resort sailing year-round to the warmest climates. It takes its sister ship Iona’s design aesthetic and general arrangement but provides new and exciting outside and inside spaces which make the most of Arvia’s deployment to the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. “Arvia is a very evident symbol of optimism for the future of the cruise industry as we see a new generation recognising the value for money and individuality of a holiday at sea. “The ship is now officially part of the P&O Cruises fleet and we are focused on readying her to welcome guests for the maiden cruise on December 23 before departure to the Caribbean on January 6, 2023 for a winter season from Barbados. “I would like to thank the vast teams of skilled engineers, designers, architects and so many more who worked on Arvia from the concept and design through to the build and finished feat of innovation and technical excellence we see here today.” New features on Arvia:
- SkyDome will feature a retractable glass roof, creating a relaxed poolside environment with dining and drinking options for guests. In the evening, the space will seamlessly transition into an entertainment venue, showcasing superb production shows, live music, guest act tributes and aerialist performances. Guests will also be able to enjoy blockbuster movies under the stars on the huge SeaScreen.
- New restaurants created exclusively for Arvia include Green & Co feat. Mizuhana which offers guests exquisitely crafted fish and plant-based dishes. 6th Street Diner is an all-American diner serving breakfast, brunch, dinner and sweet treats, accompanied with great music and ice-cold cocktails. There are new menus of Caribbean dishes designed by Local Food Hero Shivi Ramoutar at Taste 360 and The Beach House as well as a Mediterranean-inspired menu from José Pizarro in The Glass House and Cellar Door.
- New experiential retail areas on board include an area showcasing the latest in tech at sea, a ‘design your own’ fine jewellery bar; and the first-at-sea Swarovski ‘Wonder Lab’ Concept Store featuring the latest crystal collections from Swarovski’s new creative director, Giovanna Engelbert. There will also be a collection of pre-loved handbags and watches.
- New entertainment options include Altitude, Arvia’s outdoor adventure zone which features Altitude Skywalk, P&O Cruises first ever high-ropes experience, Altitude Minigolf and the new aqua zone at Splash Valley. Mission Control is also exclusive to Arvia and is a unique immersive experience combining an escape game with multimedia simulation and a live-action story to create a thrilling underwater challenge. New to Arvia will be the stage musical, Greatest Days - The Official Take That Musical which is an adaptation of the acclaimed West End musical The Band, which features the songs of Take That and is a story by Olivier Award-winning writer Tim Firth. Arvia will also feature WaveLength, a new interactive gameshow, virtually starring presenter and game show host Ben Shephard.
30 Aug 22Partner News
P&O Cruises new ship Arvia to feature more than 30 bars and restaurants, with exclusive destination-inspired dishes by Shivi Ramoutar and José PizarroP&O Cruises newest ship Arvia, arriving in December 2022 will feature more than 30 ...Read moreP&O Cruises new ship Arvia to feature more than 30 bars and restaurants, with exclusive destination-inspired dishes by Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro - News & announcementsP&O Cruises newest ship Arvia, arriving in December 2022 will feature more than 30 places to eat and drink and new menus by Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro. Arvia is also set to be home to new restaurants created exclusively for the ship including Green & Co feat. Mizuhana and 6th Street Diner. P&O Cruises is collaborating with queen of contemporary Caribbean cooking, Shivi Ramoutar and acclaimed Spanish chef, José Pizarro, to bring local food experiences to Arvia's holidays in the Caribbean and Mediterranean respectively. At The Beach House Shivi will celebrate her passion for Caribbean cuisine with a range of dishes including her vibrant Jerk Chicken Supreme with rice and peas, coleslaw, shallow-fried plantain and a Jamaican cornmeal speciality known as festivals. In The Glass House and Cellar Door guests will be able to try tapas created by José Pizarro, paired with wines selected by Food Hero Olly Smith. Dishes will include José Pizarro Tapas with grilled whole tiger prawns, mango, chilli and garlic salsa; lamb cutlets, crushed potatoes, olives, dried cherry tomatoes and romesco sauce; and tuna tartare with avocado, tomato and chilli dressing. Green & Co feat. Mizuhana will be a new restaurant exclusive to Arvia and will offer guests exquisitely crafted fish and plant-based dishes. Guests will be able to dine at the sushi bar and watch the expert chefs at work or be seated at tables to enjoy the views out to sea. Dishes will include –
- Chakalaka Wellington with a South African inspired spiced, smokey tomato sauce, red cabbage gel, corn relish, warm green bean salad, crispy corn kernels and a side of spiced sweet potato pakoras, coconut labneh, pea and mint dip
- Moriawase Platters Nigiri with yellow fin tuna, Highland salmon, yellow tail, sea bass, maki and tuna uramaki
- Chocolate Earth Plate with dark chocolate and beetroot pebbles, chocolate mushrooms, tarragon jelly, chocolate soil and non-dairy vanilla gelato
- Pennsylvania Dutch Waffles with fried chicken and spicy maple syrup
- New York Strip Steak with grilled asparagus, crispy shallows, garlic butter and fries
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pie with cream cheese frosting
- Amber Lounge – situated in the Grand Atrium, guests will be able to enjoy expertly crafted cocktails while watching artists perform aerial vignettes above. New cocktails for Arvia include a Barberousse (with a mixture of 3 different rums, apricot and pomegranate juice) and a Tortuga Cobbler (with Aperol, grapefruit, raspberry juice and rum from The Tidal Rum).
- Anderson’s Bar – boasting a boutique distillery and a menu of craft rums and gins, this intimate bar is a cosy spot for drinks by day and night. During the winter season, the on-board still will create unique rum, created exclusively by The Tidal Rum and in the summer, we make bespoke Marabelle Gin.
- Infinity - the new swim-up bar on board Arvia will be the perfect place for guests to enjoy a cocktail or two.
- Vistas Café Bar - Café serving pâtisserie and sweet treats with Costa coffee, teapigs™ tea and ocean views.
- Ripples - Gelateria, in partnership with Snowflake Luxury Gelato, serving gelato cones, cakes, and sundaes, including a rum & raisin gelato and a special Caribbean-inspired sundae.
- Taste 360 - Serving burgers, hot dogs, oven-baked pizza, authentic street food and special dishes from Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro.
- The Olive Grove - Mediterranean restaurant with a menu featuring the region’s iconic dishes, from Greek mezze to Moroccan lamb tagine. On Celebration Nights, the restaurant will offer an exclusive menu from José Pizarro.
- The Keel and Cow - Gastropub serving dry-aged steaks, British classics and signature burger, The Prime Minister.
- Sindhu - Guests can dine amidst stylish surroundings whilst chefs take them on a journey that celebrates the best of contemporary Indian cuisines.
- Epicurean - Classic British ingredients are given a modern twist and are served with fine wines, flawless service, elegant surroundings and stunning ocean vistas.
- The Limelight Club - a ticketed event exclusively for adults, guests will be able to settle back for entertainment provided by some of Britain’s best-loved performers while eating a three-course dinner.
- The 710 Club - a sophisticated live-music bar that’s been crafted to Music Director Gary Barlow’s creative vision, guests will be able to immerse themselves in an array of musical genres while enjoying stylish cocktails and negronis hand-picked by Gary.
15 Aug 22NEWS
P&O Cruises, Cunard eases testing protocolsSister brands Cunard Line and P&O Cruises have relaxed health protocols from September 6, 2022. ...Read moreP&O Cruises, Cunard eases testing protocols - News & announcementsSister brands Cunard Line and P&O Cruises have relaxed health protocols from September 6, 2022. Testing for fully vaccinated passengers will no longer be ‘required’ but ‘highly recommended’ for shorter sailings. Vaccinated guests still require a negative antigen or PCR test on longer, more ‘complex’ sailings of 16 nights or longer. Stricter rules may be in place in certain regions such as Canada and Australia. “These updated protocols reflect the current environment across the world,” said Sture Myrmell, Carnival UK President. P&O Cruises temporarily eased testing requirements in late June aboard a single ship, Iona, for several sailings to test how guests might respond and whether the measure would be suitable. That test period passed without difficulty, but was not extended nor applied to other ships until now. The two lines still require all adult guests to be fully vaccinated. Crew are all vaccinated and are tested regularly.
03 Aug 22Partner News
P&O Cruises announces updated flexible booking policyP&O Cruises has today announced an updated flexible booking policy following a review of ...Read moreP&O Cruises announces updated flexible booking policy - News & announcementsP&O Cruises has today announced an updated flexible booking policy following a review of its temporary COVID-19 enhancements. Guests who make a new Select Price booking from August 3, 2022 will be able to:
- Transfer their booking once
- Transfer their booking free of charge
- Transfer their booking to a holiday of equal or higher value
- Transfer their booking up to the date that the balance for their holiday is due (90 days prior to departure of their existing booking)
- Transfer their booking to a holiday sailing within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Cruise, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journey, Grand Tour or Exotic fly-cruise).
23 Jun 22NEWS
P&O Cruises drops pre-travel testing on some Iona sailingsP&O Cruises is dropping pre-travel testing requirements. However, the testing mandate will be removed for ...Read moreP&O Cruises drops pre-travel testing on some Iona sailings - News & announcementsP&O Cruises is dropping pre-travel testing requirements. However, the testing mandate will be removed for only one ship, and initially for a limited time. It is applicable to guests on P&O Cruises Iona. The no test easing lasts from 25 June to 23 July 2022, covering five sailings. “As the health protocols continue to evolve, P&O Cruises will be changing its policy on Iona to remove the pre-departure testing for all guests,” it said in note to guests. “We still have a number of protocols in place to help you relax and enjoy your holiday.” All the cruises depart Southampton to the Norwegian fjords. P&O Cruises said guests booed on other ship musts still take a pre-departure test for now. “For the moment, the removal of testing will only be on these five cruises but should this be extended then we will advise guests as necessary,” the line said.
28 Mar 22NEWS
P&O Cruises marks full return to serviceWith Arcadia sailing to the Canary Islands on Sunday March 27, P&O Cruises has completed ...Read moreP&O Cruises marks full return to service - News & announcementsWith Arcadia sailing to the Canary Islands on Sunday March 27, P&O Cruises has completed a full return to service of all ships following its pause in operations. P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: "We’re back sailing and this is certainly cause for celebration. It was an important milestone as we have all six ships back in operation and doing what we do best.” “We are delighted to be welcoming Arcadia back to the fleet. This ship is hugely popular with our loyal cruisers and I know the captain and team on board cannot wait to sail the itineraries we have planned for this year.” Britannia and Azura had a successful season in the Caribbean from Barbados and will spend the summer in the Mediterranean. Iona has spent her maiden winter months in the Canary Islands and northern Europe and will soon head to the Norwegian fjords for the summer. “It is evident that our guests are reassured by the steps we have taken to protect their health and wellbeing and that they are delighted to be back on board re-igniting their passion for travel,” Ludlow added. Arvia will join P&O Cruises in December as the seventh ship in the fleet. The maiden voyage is to the Canary Islands followed by a winter season of fly/cruise holidays in the Caribbean from Barbados. Arvia, similar to its sister ship Iona, will be powered by liquefied natural gas.
24 Mar 22NEWS
P&O Cruises unveils summer 2024 programmeP&O Cruises launched its summer 2024 programme featuring Ibiza, Mykonos, Amsterdam short breaks and more. ...Read moreP&O Cruises unveils summer 2024 programme - News & announcementsP&O Cruises launched its summer 2024 programme featuring Ibiza, Mykonos, Amsterdam short breaks and more. P&O Cruises summer 2024 programme will include popular island itineraries, the scenic Norwegian fjords and extended time in many destinations to maximise a new programme of shore visits. New ship Arvia will offer two different 14-night western Mediterranean itineraries, each with six ports of call. One will include Italy, Spain and France with calls to La Spezia (for Florence and Pisa) and Barcelona while the other make calls at Barcelona and Valencia. Iona will continue to spend the summer season in the Norwegian fjords for seven night itineraries with calls to the world heritage port of Geiranger, as well as Olden and Alesund. Britannia’s summer programme will include seven night Norwegian fjords and 14-night western Mediterranean ‘island’ cruises to the Balearics with extended calls to Palma and Ibiza and one itinerary including Cagliari in Sardinia. These itineraries also include many new shore experiences to discover the beach clubs and off the beaten track vineyards, activities and the Ibiza countryside. Malta will be the homeport for Azura’s summer season of seven and 14-night fly/cruise holidays. The western Mediterranean itineraries include a call to Civitavecchia for Rome and to Monte Carlo from Villefranche. The Eastern route includes selected calls to Ephesus from Kusadasi and the picturesque Greek islands of Mykonos and Santorini. Central Mediterranean itineraries include calls to Trieste for Venice and a new southern Adriatic itinerary features Taranto, Catania and the Greek Ionian islands of Cephalonia and Corfu. Short breaks to Amsterdam are part of Ventura’s summer programme as well as the Canary Islands, Iberia and southern cruise breaks. These holidays include longer time in the ports of Lisbon and Amsterdam. Aurora and Arcadia will offer longer itineraries. Arcadia will sail a 16-night Iceland cruise in June 2024 with an overnight call in Reykjavik and a 30 night Canada & USA cruise in September with overnight calls in Boston and New York. Tangier and Casablanca will be part of Aurora’s 18-night western Mediterranean cruise in April while the ship’s Arctic Circle cruise in October includes Iceland and the North Cape with the chance to see the Northern Lights. Pre-registration for summer 2024 holidays is available now and they go on general sale from March 30, 2022.
24 Feb 22NEWS
P&O Cruises Australia axes all Auckland sailingsP&O Cruises Australia has scrapped plans to sail in New Zealand this year. It cancelled ...Read moreP&O Cruises Australia axes all Auckland sailings - News & announcementsP&O Cruises Australia has scrapped plans to sail in New Zealand this year. It cancelled its Auckland 2022 season due to the ongoing uncertainty. It axed 21 cruises from Auckland from July to November. Guests booked on the affected sailings will be notified with the cancellation and rebooking options . P&O Cruises says it looks forward to returning to New Zealand in June 2023, although it is still hopeful it can make New Zealand calls from Australia later this year.
17 Feb 22NEWS
P&O Cruises celebrates build milestone for ArviaA key milestone in the construction of P&O Cruises 184,000 tonnes ship Arvia has been ...Read moreP&O Cruises celebrates build milestone for Arvia - News & announcementsA key milestone in the construction of P&O Cruises 184,000 tonnes ship Arvia has been marked at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg. The traditional coin-laying ceremony for Arvia was performed. "This is yet another landmark in P&O Cruises new build history. Arvia will be our second ship to be powered by liquefied natural gas. Other environmentally-friendly innovations include shore power connectivity and the latest technology for its four main engines," said P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow. "Our guests will enjoy holidays on Arvia, as they have done and continue to do on Iona and on the other ships in the P&O Cruises fleet." Arvia will be the 'sunshine" ship' offering Mediterranean cruises in the summer and winter cruise holidays in the Caribbean. Arvia will be delivered in December 2022 and will sail a maiden voyage to the Canary Islands followed by a winter season in the Caribbean. Arvia has 16 decks and will feature the Altitude Skywalk high ropes experience, a swim-up bar and infinity pool, Mission Control multi-sensory escape room, and more.
24 Dec 21NEWS
P&O Cruises’ Christmas Day ad gets top billingThe next episode in the series of P&O Cruises 'moments that matter' advertising campaign will ...Read moreP&O Cruises’ Christmas Day ad gets top billing - News & announcementsThe next episode in the series of P&O Cruises 'moments that matter' advertising campaign will air in the coveted hero spot during Coronation Street on Christmas Day. It will then run alongside the company's new sponsorship of Channel 4's 'Adventures on 4' programming strand starting in 2022. In a brand-first, P&O Cruises sponsorship of Adventures on 4 begins on January 1, 2022 and runs for 12 months. It will include idents and sponsorship of All 4 on demand programming. The deal will see P&O Cruises sponsor some of the channel's most popular programmes including Hunted, Celebrity Hunted for Stand Up To Cancer, Guy Martin programmes and Sue Perkins' Big American Roadtrip. The new TV ad, featuring a father and daughter on holiday in the Caribbean, is the next instalment of the current brand campaign for P&O Cruises. P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: "A holiday with P&O Cruises can be the ultimate adventure including a foodie exploration of different cultures or an active journey through different countries. This Adventures on 4 sponsorship aligns us with some of the UK's most watched shows and will whet the appetite for adventures at sea us." "We are also delighted to see the second ad in this year's campaign which brings to life more holiday moments that matter." The ad was created by creative agency SNAP LDN, alongside production company Some Such, and is the second of the series. Following the premiere of the new 40" ad the longer 60" version will be screened in UK cinemas in January. Filming for future episodes in the campaign is underway. The new TV ad can be viewed on https://vimeo.com/656587739/ba8faf9bf9
07 Dec 21NEWS
P&O Cruises’ Arvia elevates activities with ‘Altitude’ top deckP&O Cruises unveiled the sky-high activities guests can look forward to on the UK's newest ...Read moreP&O Cruises’ Arvia elevates activities with ‘Altitude’ top deck - News & announcementsP&O Cruises unveiled the sky-high activities guests can look forward to on the UK's newest cruise ship. Arvia showcases a top deck 'Altitude' experience with a high ropes course, tropical themed mini-golf and water splash zone. Altitude Minigolf will include water hazards, tiki huts, 'hippos' and night-time illuminations. The nine-hole course will be open throughout the day and evening. The Altitude Splash Valley aquazone is for all the family with water jets, shaded areas and ocean views. Altitude Skywalk is 54 metres above the ocean and becomes the company's first ever high ropes experience. Altitude also features a sports arena with an outdoor sports court for football, basketball, short tennis or cricket. "These thrilling new Altitude experiences will have fun and excitement at their heart," said P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said. P&O Cruises is offering a 14-night cruise on Arvia for £2,099 per person for an inside cabin departing January 21, 2023. It includes flights, full board meals and entertainment and flights from the UK. Departing from Bridgetown Barbados, ports of call are Barbados, Curacao, La Romana, St Kitts, Antigua, St Maarten, Martinique and St Lucia. Arvia is powered by LNG and launches in December 2022.