Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent over 1,100 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
MISSION: Inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit.
VISION: To be the most visited, welcoming and inclusive travel destination in the world.
Who We Are
Founded in 1984, the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau was created by city and county officials, in partnership with local businesses, as an independent organization to promote convention and leisure travel. Today, Visit Orlando is managed by a board of directors that includes representation from a wide variety of government, tourism and community leaders. Consistently recognized as one of America’s top destination marketing organizations, we offer team members exciting and rewarding career opportunities that include professional growth, an enjoyable work environment and a complete benefits package.
10 Oct 23Partner News
Orlando Celebrates Pride with Dozens of EventsPride celebrations, theme parks and food and wine events make autumn a must-experience season ...Read moreOrlando Celebrates Pride with Dozens of Events - News & announcements
Pride celebrations, theme parks and food and wine events make autumn a must-experience season in OrlandoFrom Pride celebrations to Halloween thrills and culinary experiences, travellers to Orlando will find a host of special events all season long. This October, Central Florida will continue its tradition of gathering around National Coming Out With Pride Day in alignment with October’s National Gay and Lesbian History Month by hosting the 19th annual Come Out With Pride Festival on Saturday, Oct. 21st. Widely known as the biggest LGBTQ+ celebration in the Southeast, this year’s Come Out With Pride Festival will feature two stages of live entertainment, The Most Colourful Parade, a Pride marketplace, V.I.P. experiences, three food courts with over 40 vendors, family and youth zones, an all-new trans-pride march and a fireworks finale that will light up the night sky. Dozens of additional partnering events will begin as early as Oct. 10 to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community throughout Orlando neighbourhoods, like Thornton Park, Mills 50 and Ivanhoe Village. To learn more about these events and the Come Out With Pride Festival, visit www.VisitOrlando.com/LGBTQ or the Visit Orlando calendar of events. Come Out With Pride Celebrations in Orlando From live entertainment and performances to mingling mixers and pride-worthy brunches, here are some of the most anticipated LGBTQ+ events coming to Orlando during Come Out With Pride.
- Todrick Hall's Velvet Rage Tour (Oct. 10) – This Pre-Pride Celebration will present Todrick Hall at the House of Blues Orlando in Disney Springs. The event is 18+.
- Zebra Youth Strikes for Stripes Fundraiser (Oct. 15) – Zebra Youth presents their inaugural Strikes For Stripes bowling fundraiser at Aloma Bowl in Winter Park. Family and friends can bring their A-game and compete for fabulous prizes while supporting the future of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Baga Chipz at Hamburger Mary's (Oct. 17 – 18) – RuPaul’s Drag Race Season One fan favorite, Baga Chipz, will be performing at Hamburger Mary’s in Downtown Orlando on Tuesday, Oct. 17 and Wednesday, Oct. 18, at 6:30 p.m.
- 2023 Stronger Together Concert (Oct. 18) – Visitors and residents can celebrate the legacy of queer southern trailblazers with the Stronger Together Concert, a collaborative community effort in partnership with LGBTQ+ organizations across the city. Free to attend, this event will be held at First United Methodist Church of Orlando in Downtown Orlando at 6:30 p.m.
- Watermark's Movies Out Loud (Oct. 19) – Join Real Radio 104.1’s Sabrina Ambra and drag entertainer Trixie Deluxxe at Savoy in Ivanhoe Village Mainstreet District as they critique “Death Becomes Her,” the classic movie starring Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis.
- Final Stop: Florida – Familia en el Sur (Oct. 20) – The Trans Queer Liberation Movement is closing its “Familia en el Sur” tour at the historical LGBTQ+ center in the Mills 50 District. This movement spurs an initiative to connect with Queer and Trans Latine/Latinx folks with a night of family, fun, entertainment, games and food.
- "Please Say Gay" Pride Kick-off Party (Oct. 20) – Prepare for a community mini-block party in Thorton Park filled with bites, drinks and performances by local LGBTQ+ talents.
- Ready, Set, Pride Mixer (Oct. 20) – Mix and mingle, embrace love and celebrate Orlando Pride with Artisan’s Table from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Orlando Pride After Party (Oct. 21) – After the festival's fireworks finale, attendees can keep the celebration going in Downtown at The Abbey Orlando or dance with friends at the Iron Cow.
- Come Out With Pride: Sand Volleyball Tournament (Oct. 22) – The inaugural charity fundraising sand volleyball tournament will take place at Festival Park, featuring two skill divisions. All proceeds will benefit the Come Out With Pride and the Central Florida Softball League organizations.
- AC Sky Bar Drag Brunch (Oct. 22) – Enjoy views of Orlando at the AC Marriott in Downtown Orlando at the post-Come Out With Pride Drag Brunch. The meal includes a choice of one entre from our prix fix brunch menu, continental breakfast buffet and unlimited mimosas or Bloody Mary’s.
- Hers Brunch Orlando Pride Takeover (Oct. 22) – Join Artisan’s Table for the biggest all-girls pride brunch to touchdown in Orlando from noon to 6 p.m. Attendees must be 21+ to enter.
- Popular (and delicious) eateries include The Glass Knife – known for their beautiful, handcrafted pastries and scratch-made savory dishes; Se7en Bites – a MICHELIN Recommended restaurant serving Southern comfort dishes; and Hungry Pants – a “plant curious” restaurant serving up comfort food made with clean, high-quality ingredients.
- Meanwhile, Out Of The Closet thrift store in Winter Park, Maffrey’s gift store in Ivanhoe Village and Lacastro men’s clothing store on Mills 50 are just some of the LGBTQ+ owned stores in Orlando.
- EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE , where guests can savor exciting and unexpected flavours from around the globe as they circle the iconic World Showcase now through Nov. 18. This delicious celebration features over 25 global Marketplaces, including a menu of new flavours and sips, live entertainment, family activities and more. The festival welcomes back two booths from the 2022 season: “Hawaii,” featuring the tropical flavors of the Pacific paradise; and “The Noodle Exchange,” offering savory ramen and noodles bowl. Guests are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets and make park reservations in advance.
- Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida (now through Nov. 4) returns with 10 new, movie-quality haunted houses featuring everything from cinematic greats to original abominations, including the all-new Stranger Things 4 and The Last of Us houses; five scare zones filled with creatures lunging from the shadows; and two live shows.
- Howl-O-Scream (select nights, through Oct. 31) will return after its “inaugural fear” to terrorise guests at SeaWorld Orlando with fright-inducing haunted houses and scare zones, thrilling nighttime coaster rides and experiences, an interactive bar and an electrifying live show.
- Central Florida Veg Fest Presented by Vegetarians of Central Florida (Oct. 28), the family- and dog-friendly vegan event held at Orlando Festival Park near downtown Orlando, returns for its 18th year. The event will feature a day of educational exhibits and activities from a diverse cross-section of vegan cuisines and lifestyles, including new products and ideas from over 200 vendors and 100 contributors to a wide variety of food preparation demos.
Welcome to the Orlando Travel Academy - News & announcements
01 Jun 23NEWS
Visit Orlando taps AviaReps for Europe, Latin America representationVisit Orlando has appointed AVIAREPS as its global representative across Latin America and Europe. The ...Read moreVisit Orlando taps AviaReps for Europe, Latin America representation - News & announcementsVisit Orlando has appointed AVIAREPS as its global representative across Latin America and Europe. The local tourism expert teams will be responsible for Visit Orlando's tourism trade sales representation in key markets the UK, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Germany and Ireland. It will do project work in Canada, as well as in secondary markets Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway and Finland. With owned offices in all key countries , AVIAREPS will implement a trade sales concept which can be adapted locally to each market. Duties include supporting Orlando tourism sales strategies and activities, in-market training and ensuring the trade is kept up to date. This will complement Visit Orlando's efforts to drive international visitors to Orlando. AVIAREPS will provide Visit Orlando with research and market intelligence, as well as MICE services. Casandra Matej, CEO of Visit Orlando said: "AVIAREPS can adapt concepts to each individual market to promote Orlando with the ultimate goal of increasing visitor numbers.” “The teams specifically provide the travel industry with personalised service and education." Visit Orlando is the official destination organisation for Orlando, Florida. It is the third-largest city in Florida and one of the most-visited cities in the world.
12 May 23NEWS
Orlando tourism welcomed 74 million visitors in 2022Orlando maintained its ranking as the country’s top tourist destination. Visit Orlando announced 74 million ...Read moreOrlando tourism welcomed 74 million visitors in 2022 - News & announcementsOrlando maintained its ranking as the country’s top tourist destination. Visit Orlando announced 74 million annual visitors in 2022, up 25% on 2021. It puts Orlando tourism at 98% of pre-pandemic levels. "This past year proved to be a key recovery timeframe for Orlando's tourism industry, with a lot of pent-up demand," said Casandra Matej, CEO of Visit Orlando. "Our new international brand launch and marketing initiatives helped Orlando maintain its leadership position." The uptick comes off the back of the new Unbelievably Real brand launch, first introduced in May 2022 to domestic visitors. It was then rolled out in the UK, Ireland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile and Peru. In 2022, domestic leisure visitation completely recovered with a new record of 61 million visit. International visitation is now at 75% of pre-pandemic levels, reaching 4.9 million in 2022. Canada, UK and Brazil were the top three international markets. The new high speed rail service connecting Orlando and Miami is expected to boost visitation further.
26 Jan 23NEWS
SeaWorld Orlando Food Festival returnsSeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival is back. Orlando’s largest theme park food festival runs ...Read moreSeaWorld Orlando Food Festival returns - News & announcementsSeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival is back. Orlando’s largest theme park food festival runs from February 3 – May 7, with more than 200 global food and drink offerings. Marketplaces showcase foods from Italy, Ireland, Brazil, Germany, Asia and beyond. New food items on the menu for 2023 include parmesan truffle fries, pork belly and black bean Brazilian stew, and Italian Beef Arancini. There will be an all new full-service menu at Sharks Underwater Grill. Guests can also try the all-new Caribbean Moonshine Tasting booth located next to Seafire Grill. SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival also features a concert series of Rock, Country, Latin, Hip Hop, and R&B artists. Concerts are included with park admission. Headliners include En Vogue, The Commodores, Don McLean and REO Speedwagon. Reserved Seating can be purchased here.
15 Nov 22Partner News
Orlando Spreads Holiday Cheer All Season Long with 50 Days of Events and FestivitiesOrlando is unwrapping a full lineup of holiday celebrations to spread holiday cheer all ...Read moreOrlando Spreads Holiday Cheer All Season Long with 50 Days of Events and Festivities - News & announcementsOrlando is unwrapping a full lineup of holiday celebrations to spread holiday cheer all season long. Throughout December, visitors and locals alike can deck the halls in all eight of Orlando’s theme parks and enjoy festive celebrations beyond the parks, including luminous light shows featuring millions of lights, the longest running holiday parade in Central Florida, and various holiday concerts and stage productions in Orlando’s state-of-the-art performance venues. Visitors can find even more magic with hotel savings of up to 30% off and special festive experiences to create unforgettable holiday memories. “Orlando adds a little extra magic this time of year with more than 50 days of holiday festivities to enjoy throughout the season for travellers of all ages,” said Casandra Matej, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. Additional information on Orlando’s holiday happenings can be found here and on VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination. On the website, visitors can also make an appointment for a complimentary, personalised one-on-one Vacation Planning Service with one of Visit Orlando’s vacation planning experts for advice and guidance on building the perfect holiday itinerary. HOLIDAY THEME PARK EVENTS Walt Disney World Nov. 8 – Dec. 30
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will return to Magic Kingdom Park for 24 select nights (Nov. 8 – Dec. 22) this holiday season. This event will offer an evening of merriment featuring “Minnie’s Wonder Christmastime Fireworks,” “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout the park, three jolly new photo opportunities and more (separate ticketed event).
- EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth (Nov. 25 – Dec. 30) takes guests on a global holiday celebration with a candlelight processional, storytellers, costumed performances, seasonal food throughout the World Showcase nations, along with sights, sounds and flavours of the season celebrated by cultures near and far.
- At Disney's Animal Kingdom brings a holiday twist to the magic of nature with festive flotillas featuring holiday percussionists and Santa sailing down the Discovery River. Discovery Island will spring to life with artisan-sculpted puppets of artic animals like penguins, reindeer, polar bears and more during the Merry Menagerie. As nighttime falls, a festive edition of the Tree of Life Awakening will begin accompanied by a heartwarming musical score.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can dine with Minnie and friends at Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine, enjoy a holiday finale featuring Olaf during the For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, catch a glimpse of old St. Nick as he cruises in his candy-apple red convertible down Hollywood Boulevard and experience a captivating projection show on the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- Grinchmas™ at Universal's Islands of Adventure brings holiday charm to Seuss Landing with The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular, a live retelling of the classic tale starring the Grinch™. The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast will return this year, on select dates from Nov.12 – Dec. 29, allowing guests to start their day with breakfast and appearances by Dr. Seuss characters, including the Grinch himself.
- Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ features seasonal holiday shows and festive decor in both Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. Once night falls in Hogsmeade, guests can revel in a spectacular holiday projection on Hogwarts Castle during “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” at Universal's Islands of Adventure.
- At Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, characters from Illumination’s “Despicable Me” and DreamWorks Animation’s “Shrek” and “Madagascar” – along with larger-than-life balloons, dozens of holiday floats, hundreds of festive performers and Santa – will fill the streets of Universal Studios Florida. Guests can also enjoy the iconic sounds of the season with live performances by holiday artist, Mannheim Steamroller, at Universal Studios Florida on select dates Dec. 3-11.
- Universal’s Holiday Tour, a festive add-on experience, offers guests a guided tour and special access to holiday entertainment taking place across Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, including an exclusive after-hours showing of ““The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle”, access to reserved seating at the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular”, character meet-and-greets and more.
- During SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration, SeaWorld Orlando transforms into a winter wonderland featuring millions of sparkling lights throughout the park. Included with theme park admission, this year’s festivities include live performances, seasonal food and character dining add-ons: Sesame Street Breakfast at SeaFire Grill, offering breakfast classics with Sesame Street characters dressed up in festive attire and Dinner with Santa, an opportunity to enjoy a holiday meal with Santa Clause himself.
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® will feature a giant LEGO Christmas tree, seasonal shows, holiday characters, special treats, LEGO® activities, twinkling lights and more.
- Christmas Nights in Lights, an all-new seasonal attraction, will debut at Dezerland Park Nov. 11 – Jan. 1. The immersive light show experience will take guests through a showcase of holiday displays and more than 1.5 million lights as part of a drive-thru light show fully synchronized to popular holiday classics tuned directly to each vehicle’s car stereo on a private radio frequency.
- Give Kids The World’s Night of a Million Lights will return for its third year at Island H2O Water Park Nov. 11 – Jan. 1, 2023. The all-new venue will transform into a winter wonderland featuring millions of lights, luminous displays, festive family activities and live entertainment for a one-of-a-kind, fully immersive holiday experience. Proceeds from the event will once again benefit Give Kids The World Village, 89-acre, whimsical nonprofit resort that provides critically ill children and their families from around the world with magical week-long wish holidays at no cost.
- Jingle Eve, a free event held in Ivanhoe Village on Nov. 19, will feature a variety of yuletide festivities from beer gardens to live music, arts and crafts vendors, food trucks, a children’s holiday village, a fireworks finale and more. The event will also feature the ticketed “12 Wines of Christmas” Wine Walk experience for access to tastings among a curated selection of wine options at 20 locations.
- Crayola Experience’s Colorful Christmas, taking place Nov. 19 – Jan 3, includes a life-sized snow globe, complete with falling snow, a light show featuring Scarlet and her singing reindeer and crafting unique gifts.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens will transform once again into a winter wonderland featuring a million dazzling lights, shining forests, magical displays, music and beautiful sculptures during “Dazzling Nights” Nov. 25 - Jan. 1, 2023. This year’s event brings a completely redesigned show featuring new lighting installations, character meet-and-greets, a kids play area and food offerings.
- Celebrating its 70th year, Winter Park’s annual Ye Olde Hometown Christmas Parade, the oldest continuous holiday parade in Central Florida, will be held on Dec. 3 featuring over 80 participating organizations, marching bands, an appearance by Santa Clause and more.
- Gatorland’s Holiday Ho Ho Ho-Down, will return for its third year on select dates Dec. 3-18. The family-friendly event, included with park admission, will feature live music, festive food items and displays with interactive characters like Gator Claus, Merry Elves and more.
- The Outta Control Magic Comedy Holiday Show at WonderWorks Orlando will receive a holiday makeover this season, from Dec. 10 – Jan. 1, featuring festive décor, special storytelling and tricks for a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience along with audience participation.
- The Orlando Repertory Theatre in Loch Haven Park will present “True North: A Magical New Holiday Musical” Nov. 19 – 22. The world premiere production centers around a magical and insightful story about being authentic, accepting change, and holding an unwavering hope in the magic of Christmas.
- The Orlando Shakespeare Theater will present “A Christmas Carol”, on select dates Nov. 30- Dec. 24, the story of the ghosts of Christmas and Tiny Tim and Scrooge’s redemption at the Margeson Theater once again featuring fresh hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies at intermission.
- The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts will host award-winning electronic violinist, dancer and artist Lindsey Stirling for the Lindsey Stirling: Snow Waltz Tour on Nov. 30 in the Walt Disney Theater.
- The 10th Annual Violectric® Holiday Show will be held at the Walt Disney Amphitheater at Lake Eola Park on Saturday, Dec. 10. The free, family and pet-friendly 90-minute concert will feature traditional holiday songs mashed up with classic rock tunes and modern hits, delivering an energetic and unique holiday show.
- The Trans-Siberian Orchestra will return to Orlando’s Amway Center to rock into the holiday season on Dec. 17 to present The Ghosts of Christmas Eve.
- Universal Orlando Resort will offer savings of up to 30% off five-night accommodations, Nov. 12 – Jan. 1, at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort or Universal’s Aventura Hotel as part of a special holiday package for the holidays.
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa will offer a ‘Deck the Halls’ experience, a complete décor package featuring a decorated Christmas tree, personalised stockings and a gift, for guests to transform any guestroom or suite into a festive wonderland from Dec. 17 – Jan. 2.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort will feature festive programming ranging from cookie decorating with Executive Pastry Chef Rabii Saber and pizza-making classes with Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi. The Resort’s complimentary kids camp, for ages 4-12, will offer interactive programming such as Santa’s helpers workshop craft time, holiday-themed scavenger hunts, supervised “polar plunge” swim times and more.
05 May 22Partner News
10 New Orlando Experiences for Summer 2022As one of the most sought-after destinations in the U.S., Orlando maintains its popularity ...Read more10 New Orlando Experiences for Summer 2022 - News & announcementsAs one of the most sought-after destinations in the U.S., Orlando maintains its popularity as one of the top places for summer holidaymakers and promises an array of new experiences for visitors planning their next trip to the Theme Park Capital of the World. In addition to new attractions at Orlando’s theme parks, the destination is offering up even more new adventures ranging from a new golf entertainment venue from Tiger Woods to an alcohol-free speakeasy concept. “Orlando is ready to welcome summer travelers with unforgettable new experiences,” said Casandra Matej, president and CEO for Visit Orlando. “Whether you’re a theme park expert or a first-time visitor, there's always something new to discover in Orlando with a variety of new hotels, unique restaurants and one-of-a-kind attractions to explore and create new vacation memories.” Continuous updates on what's new in Orlando can be found at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination. On the website, visitors can also make an appointment for a complimentary, personalized one-on-one Vacation Planning Service with one of Visit Orlando’s vacation planning experts for advice and guidance on building the perfect itinerary.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, EPCOT’s first “other-world” showcase pavilion opens May 27, featuring a new storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- Ice Breaker, SeaWorld Orlando’s first launch coaster features four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch with a 93-foot-tall spike with 100-degree angle, the steepest vertical drop in Florida.
- Aquatica Orlando’s newest water slide, Reef Plunge, offers eye-catching translucent cutouts and rings with twists and turn though 330 feet of fiberglass. A vibrant array of marine life, Commerson’s dolphins, leopard sharks and a variety of other cold-water fish are also part of the new dynamic habitat.
- PopStroke, a golf entertainment venue created in partnership with Tiger Woods, will offer a menu of handhelds and pizzas to enjoy from the indoor-outdoor dining room overlooking two 18-hole miniature golf courses. PopStroke even has an app to automatically keep track of scores on the course and is set to open in May at Waterford Lakes Town Center.
- Take a short drive to explore Orlando’s local neighborhoods and experience The BANDBOX – Orlando, Central Florida’s first alcohol-free speakeasy cocktail tasting lounge and vintage shop, will open this summer at Ivanhoe Village in Downtown Orlando.
- Immersion at London House, a new boutique restaurantby Chef Rikku Ó'Donnchü, features a tasting menu-only concept with a sensorial dining experience focused on science, climate change, sustainable farming and zero waste, where texture, scents and sounds are as important as taste.
- The New York Beer Project,set to open this summer in Winter Garden, will resemble an indoor beer garden complete with a gastropub, sidewalk bistro and up to 20 craft beers on tap.
- Three-time James Beard Award semifinalist and “Top Chef” contestant Chef John Tesar has brought his concept Knife Burger to the JW Marriott Orlando. Featuring a slightly more expanded menu than the original Texas location, the poolside restaurant offers classic, high-quality burgers as well as seafood burgers and salads, all made with the finest ingredients.
- The Tuscan-inspired, 126-room ette Hotel Orlando opens in June near Disney World. Focusing on wellness as an alcohol-free property, the hotel offers culinary experiences in partnership with Michelin Star Chef Akira Back, along with The Spa at ette, with services for everyone from the modern minimalist to the unruly naturalist.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista will offer a state-of-the-art, 24-hour fitness facility, inventive chef-tailored dining and signature cocktail service. The property is set to open June 2022.
10 Dec 21NEWS
Miami, Orlando secure funding for 2026 FIFA World Cup bidsEnterprise Florida, Inc.'s voted to award $10 million in funds to support the Miami and ...Read moreMiami, Orlando secure funding for 2026 FIFA World Cup bids - News & announcementsEnterprise Florida, Inc.'s voted to award $10 million in funds to support the Miami and Orlando bids to be selected as U.S. host cities for the 2026 FIFA World Cup. The funds will support the cities' planning and operational needs in hosting fans during the tournament. It would support security, transportation and other infrastructure needs, with $5 million grants going to the Greater Orlando Sports Commission and the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau. Read full story
19 Nov 21NEWS
Florida visitation tops pre-pandemic numbersLatest data shows Florida tourism is booming. Q3 (July to September) 2021 estimates by Visit ...Read moreFlorida visitation tops pre-pandemic numbers - News & announcementsLatest data shows Florida tourism is booming. Q3 (July to September) 2021 estimates by Visit Florida recorded 32 million visitors to Florida, which is up .3% from 2019 and 60% from last year. It was virtually all domestic visitors during the quarter although borders have now reopened. Orlando International Airport posted the highest passenger traffic during the quarter with 5.3 million flyers, up 200% from 2020. Read full story
02 Nov 21NEWS
Michelin Guide, Visit Florida announce guides for three Florida citiesMichelin and Visit Florida together revealed an expansion of The Michelin Guide, with the announcement ...Read moreMichelin Guide, Visit Florida announce guides for three Florida cities - News & announcementsMichelin and Visit Florida together revealed an expansion of The Michelin Guide, with the announcement of The Michelin Guide Miami, Orlando and Tampa. "Michelin Guide inspectors look forward to discovering the culinary landscape in Miami, Orlando and Tampa," said Gwendal Poullennec, international director of the Michelin Guides. The inaugural edition for Guides to Miami, Orlando and Tampa will be announced in 2022. The new restaurant selections will join Michelin's selection of top rated hotels in Florida, curated by Tablet Hotels, the hotel experts at the Michelin Guide. "Visit Florida, along with our destination partners, Visit Orlando, Visit Tampa Bay and the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, are thrilled to partner with Michelin to develop a Michelin Guide to further establish Florida as a world-renowned culinary destination," said Dana Young, President and CEO of Visit Florida. "This gives Florida the opportunity to highlight the dynamic and unexpected culinary adventures the Sunshine State has to offer."
21 Oct 21NEWS
Virgin Atlantic restarting Orlando, Las Vegas flights for US border reopeningVirgin Atlantic will resume flight operations to Orlando and Las Vegas on the 8 November, ...Read moreVirgin Atlantic restarting Orlando, Las Vegas flights for US border reopening - News & announcementsVirgin Atlantic will resume flight operations to Orlando and Las Vegas on the 8 November, the same day that the US borders reopen. Connections between the Big Apple and the north of England are also receiving a boost, with flights between Manchester Airport and New York also resuming. Services to Orlando will depart daily from both London Heathrow and Manchester. The route is currently the most booked across Virgin Atlantic's global network. To meet increased demand, the airline will deploy the newest, largest plane in its fleet, the Airbus A350-100 from 8 -14 November on its London Heathrow to Orlando route. Las Vegas flights will operate daily from London Heathrow on the airline's Boeing 787-900, with daily services from Manchester to New York resuming on an Airbus A330. Juha Jarvinen, Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic, said; "Our customers are ready to begin their US adventures, therefore it's only right that we offer them the opportunity to fly as soon as we can." The airline offers unlimited free date and flight changes for new bookings as part of a series of enhancements to give added flexibility to customers in uncertain times. The rebooking horizon has been extended for all customers until 30 April 2023, giving a broader window of time to reschedule plans if needed.
10 Sep 21NEWS
Visit Orlando launches UK campaignDestination marketing organisation Visit Orlando recently launched a 2021 autumn/winter campaign targeting UK travellers. 'The ...Read moreVisit Orlando launches UK campaign - News & announcementsDestination marketing organisation Visit Orlando recently launched a 2021 autumn/winter campaign targeting UK travellers. 'The Wonders Remain' campaign rolled out on 1 September in the UK and will run through 31 January 2022. It seeks to recapture travellers' imaginations and inspire them to visit when transatlantic leisure travel resumes. The multichannel strategy includes national television, paid social and SEM. "Our goal with this new campaign is to bring Orlando to life for those who are dreaming of and planning for their 2022 holidays," said Casandra Matej, president & CEO of Visit Orlando. "There is huge pent-up demand for Orlando, and after a very challenging year for the travel industry, this campaign will help increase sales and revenue opportunities for our trade partners." The campaign's call-to-action drives consumers to Visit Orlando's UK website, VisitOrlando.com, for the latest travel information and tools to make holiday planning easier. Consumers are encouraged to book via key travel partners such as Virgin Holidays, BA Holidays, TUI and Ocean Florida. Specific resources for travel professionals, including the Orlando Travel Academy, collateral, sales aids and itinerary planners can be found on Visit Orlando's trade site, VisitOrlando.com/trade. Visit has representation in more than a dozen countries around the world.
2023 Holidays in Orlando | Visit Orlando
Celebrate the magic of the holidays in Orlando!
Member Testimonials | Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando Magical Dining Charities | Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando Team Testimonials | Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando Team | Visit Orlando
Orlando Magic vs Flamengo - Oct 20, 2023 | Visit Orlando